With the 165th pick, the Jaguars select WR Collin Johnson

pwny

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Pretty crazy when you think about it...

That report last year on Colin was accurate. He was viewed way higher than compared to where he went now.

It happens a lot. Dawuane Smoot was viewed as a top 10 pick before his final season and we got him in the third round.

My favorite still probably is when Jevan Snead went from a potential #1 overall pick to undrafted (AND he declared early IIRC).

• Like 2

On 25/04/2020 at 1:39 PM, Jags said:

6 ft 6' and 220 pounds? I am on board with this. No matter if they decide to convert him to TE or have him develop as a WR. 

I don't see how he's ever going to become a real TE.  He just doesn't have the frame for it at all.  Doesn't have the sort of "work over the middle" short area/change of direction and work in traffic traits either.  He's a pretty darn linear athlete.  But with his size, maybe they can find a way to plug him in as a "TE" in certain formations and play designs where he's just a glorified jumbo receiver.  Which would probably help his case in sticking around the roster and potentially being active, if he can rotate through as both an outside WR and a pretend TE in certain packages.

I like the pick.  It's a nice balance of a bit of "upside" and developmental potential, to go with some of the "safer" more "on base" depth guy type picks they made.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I don't see how he's ever going to become a real TE.  He just doesn't have the frame for it at all.  Doesn't have the sort of "work over the middle" short area/change of direction and work in traffic traits either.  He's a pretty darn linear athlete.  But with his size, maybe they can find a way to plug him in as a "TE" in certain formations and play designs where he's just a glorified jumbo receiver.  Which would probably help his case in sticking around the roster and potentially being active, if he can rotate through as both an outside WR and a pretend TE in certain packages.

I like the pick.  It's a nice balance of a bit of "upside" and developmental potential, to go with some of the "safer" more "on base" depth guy type picks they made.

Agreed. I think he sticks outside barring major struggles outside.

👀

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

People get to into these clips I’m sure that DB won’t even make a practice squad. But it is good to see he will fight. 

I mean you could say that up and down for WRs. Just gotta look at who he did play. Not his fault for his opponents.

Just hope Keenan can work his magic. 

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Agreed. I think he sticks outside barring major struggles outside.

👀

To be fair, he spent a lot of that game against like maybe 5'9" Amik Robertson...who from what i recall, also still kinda got the best of him at times.  So...it wasn't just pure domination, and not really against a particularly big corner.  Bigger, more physical corners are probably going to give him some trouble at the next level, since he's not going to move them the same way...and isn't a super fluid athlete to shrug off press elsewise.

4 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

People get to into these clips I’m sure that DB won’t even make a practice squad. But it is good to see he will fight. 

A lot of times, yeah.  Though in this particular case...it's a major size mismatch, but very much an NFL caliber CB.  I think Robertson is probably actually more likely to end up an NFL starter than Johnson tbh.

14 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Darren Waller did the conversion from WR to TE.  im not saying hed thrive at it cuz we have no true Combine/pro day numbers to base off for collin but im pretty sure waller was a bit faster and more athletic. 

the biggest difference i can see between the 2 besides the 16 pounds difference is 1.5 inches in arm length.   to me i see a good bit of Auden Tate and they seem like similiar wrs. 

On 4/27/2020 at 1:54 PM, Tugboat said:

To be fair, he spent a lot of that game against like maybe 5'9" Amik Robertson...who from what i recall, also still kinda got the best of him at times.  So...it wasn't just pure domination, and not really against a particularly big corner.  Bigger, more physical corners are probably going to give him some trouble at the next level, since he's not going to move them the same way...and isn't a super fluid athlete to shrug off press elsewise.

One of the big knocks against Amik is that he plays too physical lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

One of the big knocks against Amik is that he plays too physical lol

Yeah.  Not a nobody chump, future car salesman or whatever.  A legit prospect.  But that also happened, and is a good example of where Johnson has a challenge ahead of him when he faces CBs who bring that kind of physicality...but aren't like a foot shorter than him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Not a nobody chump, future car salesman or whatever.  A legit prospect.  But that also happened, and is a good example of where Johnson has a challenge ahead of him when he faces CBs who bring that kind of physicality...but aren't like a foot shorter than him.

the gif I posted has Malcolm Epps vs Amik tho

unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. which is v possible since I'm up in the middle of the night with only 2 hours of sleep under my belt.