Round 5, Pick 166: Quintez Cephus

TL-TwoWinsAway

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Which is a pretty good thing, although I don't think many were high on him after the 2018 season. If he's able to contribute in that role in 2021 or 2022, that's a pretty good pick.

No one would complain about Marvin's play if he's on a rookie deal. It's really the injuries tied in with the cap hit that seem to be more problematic. 

Just now, Karnage84 said:

No one would complain about Marvin's play if he's on a rookie deal. It's really the injuries tied in with the cap hit that seem to be more problematic. 

Right. If they can find a similar "older Marvin Jones" on a rookie deal in round 5, it's a pretty good pick.

Quinn definitely seems to have a type at WR:

Golladay(2017): 6'4, 218; 4.50 40, 35.5 VJ, 18 BP; 120' BJ

Fulgham (2019): 6'2, 215, 4.58 40, 36.5 VJ; 15 BP; 126' BJ

Cephus (2020): 6'2, 202, 4.56 40, 38.5 VJ; 23 BP; 124' BJ

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Nah, it wasn't clear, and sounded like it could've applied to either player. You've provided some great info here. It's appreciated.

No worries, obviously I’ve followed his career closely and despite his legal issues last year he’s a stand up human being with a lot of heart. His Dad was murdered execution style about 2 years ago, I couldn’t even imagine.

Edited by badgers0821
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

No worries, obviously I’ve followed his career closely and despite his legal issues last year he’s a stand up human being with a lot of heart. His Dad was murdered execution style about 2 years ago, I couldn’t even imagine.

I just listened to the Locked On Lions podcast. Interviewed a former teammate/Detroit kid, a safety (can't remember his name right now). Said that a large part of the issue was wrong place, wrong time. Did make some bad decisions but ultimately it only took 45 minutes to come to a not guilty verdict. They wanted him back on the team, etc. Take it for whatever it's worth but the fact that his teammate stepped onto a radio program to talk about him and didn't sidestep things does say good things to me about the situation. 

• Like 1