Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

 

Great interview and a great kid. I don't know why so many folks are sleeping on the pick. He was our 4th round pick in like half my walkthemocks. If RG is not seized by someone like Forbes with great improvement from last year, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts at RG some time this season.

Edited by NudeTayne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Great interview and a great kid. I don't know why so many folks are sleeping on the pick. He was our 4th round pick in like half my walkthemocks.

Yeah what he does well is exactly what’s required for this scheme.

He’s not some road grader and he lacks prototypical size, but he has the potential to do well at what we’re going to ask him to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2020 at 4:43 PM, pnies20 said:

Yeah not ecstatic about that. Should gain about 5-10 pounds based on what I can see. 6’1 at about 315 will be about what he needs to be to be able to anchor but not give up the reason they picked him, his athleticism and fit as a zone blocker. 

I actually looked this up because people were going to say there was issues with him not being big enough to play OG. If this is truely going to be Kubiaks ZBS that Stefanski learned from him and Kubiak learned from Shanahan, then I can say that back in the mid-2000s when DEN was churning out 1k yard backs every season in the ZBS where it really took off, weight really didnt matter.

They were the lightest, most nimble OL unit in the NFL where the #1 priority was movement ability and technique. I dont think Harris being 302 is a problem as long as he has technique to play the position.

T- Matt Lepsis- 290lbs 

T- George Foster- 335lbs 

C- Tom Nalen- 286lbs 

G- Ben Hamilton- 290lbs

G- Cooper Carlisle- 310lbs 

 

Edited by AkronsWitness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

from the packers channel but a good watch

 

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I actually looked this up because people were going to say there was issues with him not being big enough to play OG. If this is truely going to be Kubiaks ZBS that Stefanski learned from him and Kubiak learned from Shanahan, then I can say that back in the mid-2000s when DEN was churning out 1k yard backs every season in the ZBS where it really took off, weight really didnt matter.

They were the lightest, most nimble OL unit in the NFL where the #1 priority was movement ability and technique. I dont think Harris being 302 is a problem as long as he has technique to play the position.

T- Matt Lepsis- 290lbs 

T- George Foster- 335lbs 

C- Tom Nalen- 286lbs 

G- Ben Hamilton- 290lbs

G- Cooper Carlisle- 310lbs 

 

I wonder about his lack of length though? there are not too many 6'1"" linemen out there. maybe shaq mason?

Mayeb the idea is to get guys Baker can look over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

 

I wonder about his lack of length though? there are not too many 6'1"" linemen out there. maybe shaq mason?

Mayeb the idea is to get guys Baker can look over?

I wouldnt worry about the height thing being a Baker problem moreso that it could be a Harris problem being undersized against oncoming DEs/DTs. Im not going to act like Im a offensive linemen guru but Im sure thats not a great thing.

However on the flip side it might work in his favor as he will be able to get leverage easier on defenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I actually looked this up because people were going to say there was issues with him not being big enough to play OG. If this is truely going to be Kubiaks ZBS that Stefanski learned from him and Kubiak learned from Shanahan, then I can say that back in the mid-2000s when DEN was churning out 1k yard backs every season in the ZBS where it really took off, weight really didnt matter.

They were the lightest, most nimble OL unit in the NFL where the #1 priority was movement ability and technique. I dont think Harris being 302 is a problem as long as he has technique to play the position.

T- Matt Lepsis- 290lbs 

T- George Foster- 335lbs 

C- Tom Nalen- 286lbs 

G- Ben Hamilton- 290lbs

G- Cooper Carlisle- 310lbs 

 

Short, soft and light. I don’t care what the scheme is, he’s gonna have to make some changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Short, soft and light. I don’t care what the scheme is, he’s gonna have to make some changes.

I wouldn’t expect his height to change, but he’s definitely going to have to improve his physique.  I think he’s got at least one if not 2 years to do that before he’s someone you’d look at as a potential starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wouldn’t expect his height to change, but he’s definitely going to have to improve his physique.  I think he’s got at least one if not 2 years to do that before he’s someone you’d look at as a potential starter.

Well I thought it would Be a given I wasn’t talking about his height. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wouldn’t expect his height to change.

How Could You Be So Sure Joe Pesci GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Well I thought it would Be a given I wasn’t talking about his height. 

 

24 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

How Could You Be So Sure Joe Pesci GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Is today the day you fellas learn not everyone is done growing at 18?

That would be exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Harris ever have any injury issues or was his biggest concern simply size?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

Did Harris ever have any injury issues or was his biggest concern simply size?

I think size and scheme fit. it seems like he would only fit into a zone style offense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

 

Is today the day you fellas learn not everyone is done growing at 18?

That would be exciting.

So..... this is the worst conversation I’ve ever been apart of. 

Edited by pnies20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

So..... this is the worst conversation I’ve ever been apart of. 

*decides not to tell 🌲 about the purely-speculative Andy Dalton "Where will he land?" free agency thread*

Edited by NudeTayne
red rocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×