Round 5, Pick 172: Jason Huntley

TL-TwoWinsAway

1 minute ago, Lionized said:

Seems like a Theo Riddick player that will be able to move in the slot during some 5 WR sets. 

Theo was a tougher runner when comparing to Huntley. I’ve seen Huntley and he gets tossed around.

saw Dexter mccluster comparison and I couldn’t agree more

dangerous weapon potential is there but he is more apt to get hurt than Theo was.

just my opinion 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Theo was a tougher runner when comparing to Huntley. I’ve seen Huntley and he gets tossed around.

saw Dexter mccluster comparison and I couldn’t agree more

dangerous weapon potential is there but he is more apt to get hurt than Theo was.

just my opinion 

Good insight.

22 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Eh. They've made a lot of moves to stack STs this offseason. As detfan said, he appears to be a slot weapon and KR/PR. There's value there, especially in the 5th round.

I just don’t know how we fit him on the roster.  I guess you get rid of Ty Johnson but there was not certainty he made the roster either.  Maybe Bawden is replaced by Nauta and Huntley takes Johnson’s spot.  And as for a pass catching back isn’t that what we spent the 35th pick on?

5 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I just don’t know how we fit him on the roster.  I guess you get rid of Ty Johnson but there was not certainty he made the roster either.  Maybe Bawden is replaced by Nauta and Huntley takes Johnson’s spot.  And as for a pass catching back isn’t that what we spent the 35th pick on?

Sure. I'd argue that Swift is a starting RB, and Huntley is a depth player that offers ST versatility.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Or maybe Bawden hasn’t played since he was drafted and we need depth at RB.

Kerryon Johnson/Bo Scarborough

D’Andre Swift/Ty Johnson/Jason Huntley

6 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Or maybe Bawden hasn’t played since he was drafted and we need depth at RB.

Kerryon Johnson/Bo Scarborough

D’Andre Swift/Ty Johnson/Jason Huntley

Could be.  But that’s a lot of backs to carry.  How many do you carry on game day?  Swift, Kerryon and Scarborough for sure.  I guess Huntley and Ty is inactive.  That’s a lot of backs to carry.  Maybe Scarborough is inactive or doesn’t make the team.