5.176 - MIN: KJ Osborn WR/Miami

RpMc

38 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Might not be possible as a 4th WR. Doubt Thielen or Jefferson are going anywhere. 

Cordarrelle would have been a fine 4th WR/returner...which is exactly what ISM could be.  But, eventually Thielen is going to drop off, he'll be 32 yrs old next year, so they'll need someone to step up.

• 1 year later...

I still can't believe how ISM lucked into getting a ring last year considering how the season started for him. 

As far as Osborn, I fully expect him to be a major contributor this year, especially because he'll be due for a payday by someone in 2024.  I didn't expect much of him after his rookie season, where he was pretty much a non-contributor outside of being a returner.  He's come a long way into becoming an actual WR.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I still can't believe how ISM lucked into getting a ring last year considering how the season started for him. 

As far as Osborn, I fully expect him to be a major contributor this year, especially because he'll be due for a payday by someone in 2024.  I didn't expect much of him after his rookie season, where he was pretty much a non-contributor outside of being a returner.  He's come a long way into becoming an actual WR.

McCardell is the "WR Whisperer"

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Asked if he had a chip on his shoulder, Osborn acknowledged:

"Huge, huge. It’s not just the draft, it’s the NFL. They’re always looking to replace you. To me, it’s about respect, man. I want to earn my respect. … I was a fifth-round pick. I was a two-star recruit. I came from the (Mid-American Conference). If they draft somebody, didn’t draft somebody, I’m trying to prove to myself. Not to everybody else. I want to prove myself right. I don’t care about any doubters, or haters. My standard is higher than any fan or any coach in this building, for myself. That’s who I am, though, so adding a contract year, some big things going on around here, it’s even more exciting.That just fuels me that much more.”

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/30/vikings-kevin-oconnell-kj-osborn/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2YO3Q8mf_1i461di2H4sSEil1gbmlBX7B59SX_NCuYCUyC2NkJXhZ9o58

• Like 1