Bradlee Anae - breaking the draft.

Texas_OutLaw7

I thought Weaver was not strong enough that is not a problem with Anae.  It will be real interesting to see what happens this fall with everybody along the D line.  I can not remember a year with so much change along the D line like this. We literally may only have two players get significant time that played last year 

Think Anae fell because of more than his 40. That was probably part of it. But I think the reasons are more numerous than that alone.

He has an issue with his course of attack, getting bottled up when he relies on an inside move when the tackle matches his outside step. That has been a problem for talented players before. Need to be able to go inside or outside in the nfl because OTs are more athletic now.

He also struggles to release from a run block in time to make a play against bigger tackles. He has played the run well on and off, but if that inconsistency is there in college its magnified in the nfl. He could be a very linear player, which isn't always bad, but also devalues him on draft boards.

He has a ton of potential as a rusher and I'd love to see him get work in preseason against starting tackles in pass situations, I think he can only learn from being bottled up and bossed around. Hopefully he grows from those experiences because his good traits are a great asset to build on.