(Polls) 2020 Draft In-Review: Berry and DePo Rise Again

Mind Character

Draft Review Questions  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Browns Entire 2020 NFL Draft?

2. 2. Outside of Jedrick Wills Jr., who becomes the best player in this class within 3 years?

• Jacob Phillips, LB LSU
    • Harrison Bryant, TE FAU
    • Grant Delpit, S LSU
    • Jordan Elliot, DT Missouri
    • Nick Harris, OC Washington
    • Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan
  3. 3. When it's all said and done, barring injury what does Grant Delpit become in 6 Years?

• A Superstar, Consistent Multiple Pro-Bowler, a Few All-Pros
    • A Really Good Player, Makes a Few Pro-Bowls Before It's All Said and Done
    • A Solid, Good But Not Spectacular Player
    • A Boom-Bust Player Who Flashes Greatness a lot But Has Unbelievably Frustrating Low Lows
    • Cheek Cheeks. The Browns Will Seek to Replace Him in Three Years

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If it’s me I’m running a 5-2 with Myles, Sheldon, Larry, Vernon and Clowney and forcing Lamar to win with his arm.

with our depth we can rotate that front a lot too.

Speed on the edge means it makes the field narrow. New England played a lot of that recently style recently, heaps of guys that a in the 240-250+ range. 

• Like 1

The Defense of Grant Delpit's Traits winning the day over his low low qualities:

Moving these here to this thread so they don't get lost over time ...

33 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

15 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2019/09/03/matt-waldmans-rsp-boiler-room-no-240-s-grant-delpit-lsu-steps-ahead/

Click the link to see why Delpit was Waldman's favorite player this year.

He appears to be unconcerned about angles, and focuses instead on the exceptional traits that make him special.

Enjoy.

Edited by Mind Character

This draft is far from perfect, but they did draft 3 potential all stars.

offense if willis turns out to be a 5 time pro bowl a success.

The defense this defense is going to be giving up 30 points a game against Cincinnati.

Conclusion we spent 100,000,000 on the offense plus a top 10 pick we better be in the top 5 or this is a disaster

Edited by mtmmike
omission

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

@Mind Character I’m honestly just iffy on Delpit and all of the defensive players we picked.

However, I’m hyped about the offensive guys. DPJ will impact special teams immediately. Harrison Bryant is “my guy.” I think Wills be a good player.

In truth, I think Jordan Elliot is a player to be excited about. He has it all except for production consistency. I think he has an unexpectedly big impact his first year.

Grant Delpit is going to have games where he balls out as well that will get people excited. It's all about how frequent and often the low lows are or whether or not Joe Woods can hide them.

Harrison Bryant will be a core quality piece/contributor on this team in 3 years.

DPJ is an immediate Slot and Redzone match-up nightmare that requires Jarvis and Odell to get 1 on 1 coverage whenever we pair DPJ with Hooper/Njoku in a redzone offense. If defenses want to double OBJ or Jarvis, DPJ or Hooper/Njoku will be matched up one on one and all Baker has to do is put it up high and it's game over.

Overall, I think this is a very solid draft that left some meat on the bone, but the approach had internal logic.

Jedrick Wills Jr's impact ultimately makes this draft a special one when it's all said and done.

The draft's overall quality relies on Grant Delpit though. Is he going to be the consistent flash player we've seen in his great highlights or is he going to be too volatile with low lows. If he ends up on the plus side of things, this draft will be one of the better one's we've had in forever.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 3

I give it an A- because I think 3 (probably the first 3 we picked) of those guys could pan out long term and Wills has all pro ability.

Phillips can at least play special teams.

I'm not far enough removed from Seth Devalve to get too excited about Harrison Bryant.

Center from Washington I think will be a good backup in the NFL which is good value in the fifth.

DPJ is terrible but he's physically gifted terrible so in the 6th round it's not too bad.

A lot of this draft will depend on how are defensive coordinator does with it.

When he was here in Denver he had the benefit of 5 proven all pros with one being a first ballot hall of fame edge.

As far as beating Baltimore you bring a 8 man front with 4 down lineman plus 4 linebackers no matter what you pound lamar

Delpit plays there tight end 

Ward plays there the fastest WR

Williams play their number 2 WR

• Like 1

B++: The only reason they didn't get an A is because I thought they'd get some type of edge player to help take some reps away from Garrett but all in all they did an outstanding job sticking to their board and not panicking, also getting future assets for basically nothing 

Edit: Also letting it be know I was the one person who voted for Jacob Phillips 

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

B++: The only reason they didn't get an A is because I thought they'd get some type of edge player to help take some reps away from Garrett but all in all they did an outstanding job sticking to their board and not panicking, also getting future assets for basically nothing 

Edit: Also letting it be know I was the one person who voted for Jacob Phillips 

On 7/8/2019 at 8:18 PM, NudeTayne said:

Dorsey and Co. identify this class as special and aim to stock up on talent for years to come. Schobert and Njoku want too much money so we trade both, along with malcontent Duke Johnson and Christian Kirksey. We extend Ogunjobi, Randall and Garrett. 

Robinson and Hubbard don't work out so we go hard at offensive line, also grabbing a potential starting center and guards for dayes. 

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Browns

Pick Player Pos College
1:25 Andrew Thomas OT Georgia
2:15 Albert Okwuebunam TE Missouri
2:25 Jacob Phillips LB LSU
3:15 Mekhi Becton OT Louisville
3:25 Calvin Throckmorton G Oregon
3:26 Darryl Williams C Mississippi State
4:15 K.J. Costello QB Stanford
4:25 LaBryan Ray DL Alabama
5:2 Tommy Kraemer G Notre Dame
5:6 Jake Breeland TE Oregon