(Polls) 2020 Draft In-Review: Berry and DePo Rise Again

Mind Character

Draft Review Questions  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Browns Entire 2020 NFL Draft?

2. 2. Outside of Jedrick Wills Jr., who becomes the best player in this class within 3 years?

• Jacob Phillips, LB LSU
    • Harrison Bryant, TE FAU
    • Grant Delpit, S LSU
    • Jordan Elliot, DT Missouri
    • Nick Harris, OC Washington
    • Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan
  3. 3. When it's all said and done, barring injury what does Grant Delpit become in 6 Years?

• A Superstar, Consistent Multiple Pro-Bowler, a Few All-Pros
    • A Really Good Player, Makes a Few Pro-Bowls Before It's All Said and Done
    • A Solid, Good But Not Spectacular Player
    • A Boom-Bust Player Who Flashes Greatness a lot But Has Unbelievably Frustrating Low Lows
    • Cheek Cheeks. The Browns Will Seek to Replace Him in Three Years

I think people are too caught up in 4-3 vs 3-4. In recent years, defenses have gone far more multiple with their personnel. You are correct in saying that some of the guys we brought in fit more of a 3-4 grouping then 4-3. It’s because there are so many different defenses utilized anymore, and there aren’t just going to be 11-12 regular guys out there. There is room at the table for guys with different skill sets.

Edited by NateDawg
I do still have PTSD from the Jason Fisk NT days tho
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think people are too caught up in 4-3 vs 3-4. In recent years, defenses have gone far more multiple with their personnel. You are correct in saying that some of the guys we brought in fit more of a 3-4 grouping then 4-3. It’s because there are so many different defenses utilized anymore, and there aren’t just going to be 11-12 regular guys out there. There is room at the table for guys with different skill sets.

bad coaching-rebuild the personnel- draft a shelton/Wimbley in round 1-coaching change-back to 4-3-coaching change- go to 3-4- wrong personnel-bad coaching 

that is my experience with the 3-4. 

I get that it can work but the 4-3 is often just plug for so many guys. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

bad coaching-rebuild the personnel- draft a shelton/Wimbley in round 1-coaching change-back to 4-3-coaching change- go to 3-4- wrong personnel-bad coaching 

that is my experience with the 3-4. 

I get that it can work but the 4-3 is often just plug for so many guys. 

Oh yeah, we definitely have a history of incompetence with our defensive personnel when we have had that transition.

Excellent job by Depo to get us through all of the carnage Jimmy causes to this point imo. 

Awesome draft by Berry. 

Now it is up to Kevin, Woods, Preifer and Van Pelt to turn great potential into a playoff team, this draft will ultimately be defined by coaching. 

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I know you’re right, and agree with you, but I’m sure most of us still have nightmares of previous attempts at fielding a 3-4.

• Like 1