Sherman's behaviour

Hunter2_1

3 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

At full speed the hit didn't look THAT bad. Penalty-worthy for sure. If Sherman hadn't run his mouth like an idiot before, it wouldn't be much of a story.

This was my initial reaction as well.  Flag yes but a dirty, blatant, malicious hit I think not.  Not really thread worthy IMO.

9 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

This was my initial reaction as well.  Flag yes but a dirty, blatant, malicious hit I think not.  Not really thread worthy IMO.

Just wait till your franchise gets a franchise QB, you'll be having a very different outlook on hits like that. It was late and helmet to helmet. 

I think the refs should have ejected Sherman when he kept mouthing off against them even after he got a penalized for that. Give him a 3 or 4 game suspension to teach him some manners and hopefully some self control. Although I doubt it will change Sherman, dude is a straight up knucklehead regardless of his Stanford degree.

8 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

Just wait till your franchise gets a franchise QB, you'll be having a very different outlook on hits like that. It was late and helmet to helmet. 

I think the refs should have ejected Sherman when he kept mouthing off against them even after he got a penalized for that. Give him a 3 or 4 game suspension to teach him some manners and hopefully some self control. Although I doubt it will change Sherman, dude is a straight up knucklehead regardless of his Stanford degree.

Who my QB is doesn't really cloud my judgement on this but thanks for that.  I didn't notice the helmet to helmet the first time I saw it since the angles aren't great.  That makes it worse than just a hit to the chest that I thought.  It's the location that makes it dirty not so much the timing of the hit.  There have been far later hits then that one.

Still don't think it was that malicious but as a guy who talks about player safety as he does it was a cheap shot on a fellow player.  

3 minutes ago, hburn said:

I wish we would have traded him in the offseason, he's just become a huge distraction at this point and he's not getting any younger

same goes for bennett

Alright first of all I want to address this. Trading your best pass rusher and the best CB in the league doesn't do anything for your team. You want your starting CB's to be Jeremy Lane and Shaq Griffin? It's one thing to feel they're a distraction, but entirely another to want them traded for it and think it would help the team in doing so.

Anyways, in terms of this play:

Full speed it wasn't that bad, and watching it live I actually thought Sherman missed the hit. It wasn't until the replay where I saw that he squared him up. I thought it was uncalled for and at that point I think Sherman was pissed because of the ridiculous "holding" call that was called against him a couple plays prior, which set him off initially. Referees were HORRIBLE in this game, mind you. Just absolutely atrocious, and actually a lot of those calls hurt Tennessee, but the holding call against Sherman was pathetically bad.

But yeah, thought it was uncalled for, not sure how he wasn't ejected for it. Can't imagine what Taylor Lewan was yelling at him when he got all up in his face right aftewards, though. I'm sure those words were very R-rated and why he was also flagged.

Props to Mariota for taking it like a champ and getting right back up. He had a great game.

Sherman isn't the best CB in the league.  Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib, Josh Norman, Xavier Rhodes, Janoris Jenkins, Patrick Peterson are all better imo.  Maybe Darius Slay too.  And they're all younger.  If the Hawks could have gotten a good price for him, I think they should have.

Earl Thomas allows Sherman to get away with a lot.  Now he is an absolute stud.

If nothing else, Sherman should have been kicked out for continuing to mouth off at the ref.  But he does have a big time fine coming.  

It was a late hit, but not particularly malicious IMO. Immature, but how surprising is that actually? FYI to those who don't know; I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter how helmet-to-helmet it was. Mariota is a runner at that point and was on his way down, only way for Sherman to go was there (but the hit was late). 

Lewan looked good there too. Thought he'd get himself kicked out of the league after his college issues, but the dudes been a stud since he got here.

12 hours ago, titans0021 said:

In general, I don't have a problem with Sherman. I don't mind players speaking their minds and I typically don't care about players talking on the field. They're grown men getting paid millions to play a game, let them show some passion.

What I do care about is going for a kill shot on a quarterback that has clearly given himself up and is out of bounds. Thankfully, Mariota had already been pushed and was falling as Sherman came up. Because if he was still running straight up, Sherman was clearly aiming high and could have done some serious damage. It was an absolutely garbage play. The Titans had about five opportunities to do the same thing to Russell throughout that game, and every time I was yelling at my TV to not take the shot.

Add in the fact that the Titans bench and even Lewan responded verbally, without escalating it physically as they very well could have, and still got called for a personal foul that made the Sherman penalty offset and essentially gave him a free, totally illegal shot at a quarterback and I was fuming.

He still used his helmet on the grill of MM's. He got the shot in, for sure. Slight head snap from Marcus. 

Should be retrospectively banned.

12 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

He's too good of a player and intelligent of a human being to continuously act like this.

Because I think he is extremely intelligent, I can't say in the same breath that he's an idiot for doing stuff like this.

instead I can say he's a P.O.S

I don't think he's an extremely intelligent person. Using bigger words than your colleagues doesn't make you extremely intelligent. 

Archived