2[43] TE Cole Kmet
2[50] CB Jaylon Johnson
5[155] OLB Trevis Gipson
5[163] CB Kindle Vildor
5[173] WR Darnell Mooney
7[226] Lachavious Simmons
7[227] Arlington Hambright

2[43] TE Cole Kmet = B-
Higher on him than most. Immediate starter and fills a need.

2[50] CB Jaylon Johnson A+
While I appreciate what Prince has done, he was never a play maker which is something we lacked on that side of the field. Fuller, Jackson, and Jaylon are all play makers and should be very fun to watch over the next few years. 

5[155] OLB Trevis Gipson C+
Thought we should have went offense here but I'm not mad at the pick because we needed more depth behind Mack and Quinn. Gipson is an athletic pass-rusher who is quick off the snap and you can never have enough of these type of players. 

5[163] CB Kindle Vildor F
I don't understand this pick at all. Supposedly a high ceiling player. He's projected to play nickel and depth is always nice but I still don't care for the pick at all. 

5[173] WR Darnell Mooney B+
I'm not familiar with Mooney to be completely honest, but we needed a player who can take the top off defenses and make plays in the open field and by all accounts he matches this to a tee. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

Kmet- C

Fills a need but he probably could've been had later. If not Trautman was there later. I would've taken Delpit or Winfield

Johnson- A-

Good player who could've easily been gone at 50

Gipson- B-

Good value but I figured they were set on pass rush

Kindle- F

Why the hell did they need this guy?

Mooney- B

Will never be great but he fills a need for speed

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Kmet- C

Need filling, but could have dropped down and picked him up later. 

Johnson- A

Good player.

Gipson- A

Great value, can't have enough pass rushers

Kindle- B

Great value, poor positional value. 

Mooney- B

Fills need, no clue if he will be productive in the NFL outside of limited burner.

Kmet- C+

It was a desperation move drafting for need over BPA, but it was a need so I get it.

Johnson- B

A+ for value IF HE'S HEALTHY.... but he's already had 3 shoulder surgeries between both shoulders... Yikes.

Gipson- A+

I actually think this was the best pick of our draft... Guy is in a perfect situation to learn behind two really great pass rushers. He's got the ceiling, it's just whether or not he can be taught to play.

Kindle- C

Talent wise I think this is a B+ value.... The problem was that just really didn't need yet another corner unless you're also admitting that recent FA or draft moves failed, in which case you're now spending picks to make up for other poor picks, which is awful for a GM.

Mooney- A

This is my second favorite pick of the draft. The kid needs more core strength, but we needed a burner and we got ourselves a burner. The concern I have is whether or not he can actually be good enough to

The two 7th rounder OTs:   C and C-

I legimitately had no idea who either where, and have had trouble finding usefull scouting reports on either since they are so far down the draft depth charts...... I mean I don't mind the stabs in the dark, but I did want Anthony Gordon..... So I'm going to give one of the picks a "-" grade.

Edited by Epyon

I actually don’t have a problem loading up on corners and edge players and seeing if you find some gems each year.

I just don’t like leaving highly rated OTs on the board.  Good OTs are sooooooo rare in this league.  And many of them make fine guards.  

2[43] TE Cole Kmet    B-

- Position-wise this was one of our biggest needs.  Jimmy Graham probably isn’t in the team this time a year from now.  Kmet was the best TE, albeit in a weak class for TEs.  If I were the GM I probably would have gone a different direction with this pick (Winfield, Jones, Mims).  Had they had a full arsenal of draft picks I would be much more pleased with this one.  Overall I’m not terribly upset like some people with this pic.  If he can be a Kyle Rudolph type player for the next 8 years I’d be real happy with this pick.

2[50] CB Jaylon Johnson   A-

Many has him as a first round pick, so to get him at our second 2nd round pick is tremendous value.  We needed a CB to replace Prince and that’s what JJ does.  Only thing keeping this from an A+ is injury history.  Overall a great pick.

5[155] OLB Trevis Gipson   C+

Bit of an unknown here, but looks like the Bears got him a round later than some experts thought he would go.  You can never have too many pass rushers and it looks like there is some talent here to work with.  Only thing that sucks is that we had to trade a future fourth to move up 8 spots for him.  Fortunately, that fourth should be mitigated by comp picks next year.

5[163] CB Kindle Vildor   D+

Who?  We already drafted a CB when there were still some other positions that needed attention in my opinion (WR, QB, OL).  Probably a STer at worst and nickel CB at best.  Hoping for the best, but not expecting much of anything from this pick.

5[173] WR Darnell Mooney    B+

We needed a receiver with speed and we got a receiver with a sub 4.4 40.  Can’t argue with that.   I know nothing about him, but scouting reports I read says drops may be an issue for him.  As a fifth round pick we probably dont see him much if at all next year on offense.  Hopefully he turns in the type of career that the last guy we drafted from Tulane did.

7[226] Lachavious Simmons   D

Position of need, good.  7th rounder, practice squad at best.  

7[227] Arlington Hambright   D+

See above.  Bonus + for having funny name.

————————

Overall a very “Meh” draft for me.  Filled some needs, got some value, but not much else.  Then again, what do you expect without having first, third, or fourth round picks?  Not what I would have done if I were Pace, but I never dedicated my life to football to have the chance to be in that position to make those calls, so I’ll just have to settle for doing it on Madden.

2[43] TE Cole Kmet - C-

I haven't liked Kmet since I started watching him, I really don't see much from him. He is more athletic than Graham but really they are too similar to me. I'd rate lower but at least he is on a cheap deal so he isn't hurting us cap-wise and didn't require a trade up. I want to do a D because of the guys I think are WAY better than him but he is at a weak spot of the team too, so he gets bonus points because the position is so ****ed up for the Bears. 

2[50] CB Jaylon Johnson - A-
Actually like Johnson, injury concerns scare me but he could be a hell of a combo with Fuller and EJax. If I am taking extra players on defense then it is at EDGE then CBs. Passrushers are king, cover guys are next up. 

5[155] OLB Trevis Gipson - B+
See above, we have little depth at EDGE and he has tools. Raw but should be able to be coached up. 

5[163] CB Kindle Vildor - C

Seems like a wasted pick unless we already have more people competing at SS than I know of. Roberson maybe? Just seems like he is buried under too many guys, there were still others that could have made immediate upgrades available IMO. 

5[173] WR Darnell Mooney - B
We finally got a burner but I know nothing about him. Love the speed but I'm too ill-informed for anything other than a "needs" grade. 

7[226] Lachavious Simmons - ?
Never heard of him. 

7[227] Arlington Hambright - ?

Never heard of him either.