6.208 - Jake Hanson [C; Oregon]

CWood21

6 hours ago, YaddaHolla said:

If there is one guy we should listen to about OL it’s Coach Mirabal. We’re getting a guy in Hanson that’s never going to go around you, instead he’ll go right through you. That Oregon OL was nasty. Almost want to tank for Penei Sewell. Best OT prospect in 20 years. 

Mirabal breaking down all 22 tape of Oregon’s OL last year. Good stuff. I think we got a guy in Hanson and at minimum a replacement for Linsley. 

Tank for Sewell 2020? 

Exactly what you want in a Center in a ZBS heavy scheme :/

Joe Thomas was drafted in 2007. Jake Long in 2008. Trent Williams in 2011. Etc. Etc. Etc. I don't think there's going to be much of a difference at year's end between Andrew Thomas this year and Penei Sewell next year. It's preseason hype. 

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Exactly what you want in a Center in a ZBS heavy scheme :/

Joe Thomas was drafted in 2007. Jake Long in 2008. Trent Williams in 2011. Etc. Etc. Etc. I don't think there's going to be much of a difference at year's end between Andrew Thomas this year and Penei Sewell next year. It's preseason hype. 

Lol there's no comparison between Sewell now and Thomas, let alone another year of experience and weight room time. You love to downplay draft hype, even when warranted.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol there's no comparison between Sewell now and Thomas, let alone another year of experience and weight room time. You love to downplay draft hype, even when warranted.

Right, like when this year was an all time great WR draft and we saw none drafted in the top 10 and one in the top 14 in a draft that had no talent except WR and OT?

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Right, like when this year was an all time great WR draft and we saw none drafted in the top 10 and one in the top 14 in a draft that had no talent except WR and OT?

Correct, it was an all-time WR draft, since when is the draft 14 picks? No one called it an all time OT draft despite all the early OT picks, cause the depth died after the top guys. WR didn't. We've had this argument all year about the WRs, you just like to argue against hype.

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It was an "all time great WR draft" more in terms of depth than star power at the top IMO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 6:24 PM, CWood21 said:

That would be the hope.  Have to figure they're going to roll with 8 or 9 OL.  I think 10 is unlikely, unless they've got a developmental type they really want to keep around.  You can probably pencil in David Bakhtiari, Elgton Jenkins, Corey Linsley, Billy Turner, and Ricky Wagner.  I don't think you give Lucas Patrick that extension unless you're planning on him being on the roster in 2020.  The next 2-4 OL likely come from Jon Runyan, Jake Hanson, Simon Stepaniak, Cole Madison, Alex Light, or Yosh Nijman. 

Still counting on Lane Taylor being cut/traded?