6.209 - Simon Stepaniak [OG; Indiana]

CWood21

Remember "Zone" and "Power" are not mutually exclusive- Wisconsin and Iowa are zone running power teams in the Big Ten.

The alternative to "Zone" is "Man".  As in- do you go in a direction and block the first guy you run into, or do you have a specific assignment of "I block that guy."

Edited by PossibleCabbage

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Remember "Zone" and "Power" are not mutually exclusive- Wisconsin and Iowa are zone running power teams in the Big Te.

The alternative to "Zone" is "Man".  As in- do you go in a direction and block the first guy you run into, or do you have a specific assignment of "I block that guy."

Absolutely. It's going to be zone power, from the looks of it. The guys we drafted aren't the best nor do they have the anchors for a direct man power type attack. Nor is AJ Dillon a man power type runner. 

I get the plan. I don't mind it. Let's see what happens.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Remember "Zone" and "Power" are not mutually exclusive- Wisconsin and Iowa are zone running power teams in the Big Ten.

No, zone and power are the opposites in terms of blocking schemes. 

But nobody runs pure zone or pure power, hell, a lot of the time now it's power play side, zone back side on the same play.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Triplestripe said:

Torn ACL in December probably going to IR immediately 

Thanks for interesting info, that's too bad.  But can help to explain how a guy with his power could be available, and will also give them more time to sift through their back-of-the-roster linemen.  

Edited by craig