UDFA mega thread

Forge

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Bills got Trey Adams. 

What a rough time he's had. Went from 1st round potential to undrafted with an injury bug. 

I'll be rooting for him.

Knee and back problems for his body type are huge red flags.  Also, potential off-field maturity issues were a red flag, especially after his combine interview.  

That said, I thought for sure someone would spend a late 7th as a flier on him so there wasn't a chance of losing him to another team as an UDFA.  If the Redskins didn't already draft another player with off-field issues in Saahdiq Charles, I would've wanted that.  

I see the Patriots signed the two troubled Canes...Jeff Thomas and Trevon Hill. 

Both had off the field issues although it's more 2018 than recent. Hill was basically booted from Virginia Tech. Thomas was a problem multiple times. Nobody was surprised when he declared early. He didn't take school seriously. At various points he almost returned to St. Louis, and nearly transferred to Illinois.

Thomas looked great in that Army All Star game. One of the handful of standout players. Canes fans thought they had a budding star. Fast and also elusive in tight quarters. He looked very good early in his Canes career but never seemed to fully play up to the 4.38 high school speed. Looked more like a 4.5 guy. Not shocking that's basically what he ran at the combine, although I think he lowered it on the second attempt. Thomas didn't clear the corner as expected as return man. The angle would be cut off repeatedly. 

Very small frame. He gets separation but doesn't know what to do if he lacks separation, or if the ball arrives late. That was an ongoing issue. Thomas maddeningly tends to wait for the ball. No concept of boxing out or moving slightly to gain advantage over the defender. It turned into one frustrating incompletion after another, although difficult not to imagine all the success if those passes had merely been delivered on time and to the proper spot.

Thomas probably screwed up by not returning in 2020 to the new spread offense and the transfer quarterback from Houston. He seemingly could have thrived on lots of routes that now will be occupied by other shifty small guys like Mike Harley. 

Hill doesn't really look the part. Nothing to get excited about from a physical standpoint. But his effort level exceeded Jonathan Garvin's for the vast majority of 2019. Hill is surprisingly effective off the edge on either side and generally takes advantage of opportunities when he has them. He became popular with the fan base over one season, although not to the extent of the other transfer K.J Osborn. 

Edited by Awsi Dooger

The chiefs did not draft a WR, but sign a bunch of them. They drafted two DB and signed five more. They drafted an OT and signed three more OL. Note that two former UDFA DB played nearly every down in the Super Bowl.

Ratings from NFL.com if any. 

Baccellia, Andre | WR | Washington
Ffrench, Maurice | WR | Pittsburgh
Hifo, Aleva | WR | BYU 5.40
Lipscomb, Kalija | WR | Vanderbilt 5.89
Shelton‐Mosley, Justice | WR | Vanderbilt
White, Cody | WR | Michigan State 5.40
Durant, Yasir | T | Missouri 5.94
Fair, Jovahn | G | Temple
Williams, Darryl | C | Miss St. 5.90
Wharton, Tershawn | DT | Missouri S&T 
Cobb, Omari | LB | Marshall 5.40
Wright, Bryan | LB | Cincinnati 
Clemons, Rodney | S | SMU 5.46
Julius, Jalen | S | Ole Miss 
Bailey, Hakeem | CB | West Virginia
Davis, Javaris | CB | Auburn 6.11
Hill, Lavert | CB | Michigan 5.97
Townsend, Tommy | P | Florida 5.50

Edited by onejayhawk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaximusGluteus said:

How has nobody picked up Reggie Corbin yet?  That's surprising to me.

I'm hoping someone gives Mason Fine a shot, but he's unsigned as well.

I thought Fine was going to come to the niners. Instead, we signed Broc Rutter. I haven't seen much, but absolutely nothing that excites me there. Don't even think he's the best D3 QB (I only watched highlight Oscars, because that's all you can really find, but Jackson Erdmann is more impressive). 

Fine would have been fun

Kirk Merritt will be a steal for the Dolphins and make some plays on his freakish athletcism alone. It's not like their WR unit is stacked or consistent at all. If he finds his way on the field watch out!

Note that the Dolphins didn't select any WRs in this stacked class and they certainly needed a WR or two. Finally, don't underestimate Merritt developing good chemistry with Tua. Not so much that they are in the same rookie class, which helps though, but because they will get plenty reps together as they will run behind starters.

For those who don't know Merritt: He played his freshman season at Oregon, then had some nudist incidents at Texas A&M. Dominated at mighty Arkansas State in the last 2 seasons. His pro day numbers at 6'0" 215, verified by well-known former pro scout Josh Cox: 4.33 in the 40, 4.05 shuttle, 23 BP reps, 45.5 vertical!

Edited by Fullback

For the Jets:

WR Lawrence Cager, Georgia

WR George Campbell, West Virginia

DB Shyeim Carter, Alabama

CB Lamar Jackson, Nebraska

CB Javelin Guidry, Utah

OT Jared Hilbers, Washington

DL Domenique Davis, UNC Pembroke 

EDGE Bryce Huff, Memphis

DT Sterling Johnson, Coastal Carolina

Edited by NewAge

Ravens' UDFA class: 

C Trystan Colon-Castillo 
DE John Daka
OL Daishawn Dixon 
TE Eli Wolf 
QB Tyler Huntley
DB Josh Nurse
RB Ty’Son Williams
S Nigel Warrior 
DE Chauncey Rivers 
LB Kristian Welch 
FB Bronson Rechsteiner 
DB Jeff Hector
WR Jaylon Moore 
DT Aaron Crawford 
P Dom Maggio 
DE Marcus Willoughby 
TE Jacob Breeland 
OL Sean Pollard 
K Nick Vogel 
DB Khalil Dorsey

If he checks out medically then Breeland has a great chance of making the roster as our #3 TE. 

• Like 1

Tennessee Titans have an impressive group of people I've never heard of.  Lots from Arizona St and Missouri for whatever reason.

Nick Westbrook, WR, Indiana

Kyle Williams, WR, Arizona St

Mason Kinsley, WR, Berry College

Kristian Wilkerson, WR, Southeastern Missouri (probably the best chance to make the roster, since he's from the GM's alma mater)

Tommy Hudson, TE, Arizona St

Tucker McCann, K, Missouri

Cameron Scarlett, RB, Stanford

Aaron Brewer, C, Texas St

Brandon Kemp, OL, Valdosta St

Anthony McKinney, OT, TCU

Teair Tart, DT, FIU

Khalyan Kearse-Thomas, LB, Arizona St

Cole Garrett, LB, Missouri

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Ravens' UDFA class: 

C Trystan Colon-Castillo 
DE John Daka
OL Daishawn Dixon 
TE Eli Wolf 
QB Tyler Huntley
DB Josh Nurse
RB Ty’Son Williams
S Nigel Warrior 
DE Chauncey Rivers 
LB Kristian Welch 
FB Bronson Rechsteiner 
DB Jeff Hector
WR Jaylon Moore 
DT Aaron Crawford 
P Dom Maggio 
DE Marcus Willoughby 
TE Jacob Breeland 
OL Sean Pollard 
K Nick Vogel 
DB Khalil Dorsey

If he checks out medically then Breeland has a great chance of making the roster as our #3 TE. 

Now that’s a fit 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

I see the Patriots signed the two troubled Canes...Jeff Thomas and Trevon Hill. 

Both had off the field issues although it's more 2018 than recent. Hill was basically booted from Virginia Tech. Thomas was a problem multiple times. Nobody was surprised when he declared early. He didn't take school seriously. At various points he almost returned to St. Louis, and nearly transferred to Illinois.

Thomas looked great in that Army All Star game. One of the handful of standout players. Canes fans thought they had a budding star. Fast and also elusive in tight quarters. He looked very good early in his Canes career but never seemed to fully play up to the 4.38 high school speed. Looked more like a 4.5 guy. Not shocking that's basically what he ran at the combine, although I think he lowered it on the second attempt. Thomas didn't clear the corner as expected as return man. The angle would be cut off repeatedly. 

Jeff Thomas is bad. He has the smallest catch radius in the f’m world and is a punk. Bad route runner. Simply fast in a straight line. 

21 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Very small frame. He gets separation but doesn't know what to do if he lacks separation, or if the ball arrives late. That was an ongoing issue. Thomas maddeningly tends to wait for the ball. No concept of boxing out or moving slightly to gain advantage over the defender. It turned into one frustrating incompletion after another, although difficult not to imagine all the success if those passes had merely been delivered on time and to the proper spot.

Thomas probably screwed up by not returning in 2020 to the new spread offense and the transfer quarterback from Houston. He seemingly could have thrived on lots of routes that now will be occupied by other shifty small guys like Mike Harley. 

Hill doesn't really look the part. Nothing to get excited about from a physical standpoint. But his effort level exceeded Jonathan Garvin's for the vast majority of 2019. Hill is surprisingly effective off the edge on either side and generally takes advantage of opportunities when he has them. He became popular with the fan base over one season, although not to the extent of the other transfer K.J Osborn. 

Trevon Hill hustles, unlike Garvin. Neither are going to do anything tho. Garvin has a nice ceiling, but he’s pretty underwhelming on tape. His splash plays are based purely on lucking into sacks, TFL’s, etc...

I do think Quarterman, Pinckney, and Bandy will all be good. Quarterman being a star.