Jets acquire CB Quincy Wilson from Indianapolis for pick #211

NewAge

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

But.... We.... Run.... Zone.  At least we did last year.  Maybe that was personnel based but if it's switching to man, the hall pick likely gets downgraded 

Gregg was forced to do what he could last year. With our personnel, we are running man for sure. Austin looked good last year playing man. 

Just now, SDotNova said:

Gregg was forced to do what he could last year. With our personnel, we are running man for sure. Austin looked good last year playing man. 

Well then I somewhat get the trade but hall supposedly is more a zone corner (to be fair I didn't scout him much, just what I'm reading) 

32 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Well then I somewhat get the trade but hall supposedly is more a zone corner (to be fair I didn't scout him much, just what I'm reading) 

He can play both just lacks long speed which is why people think he's better suited for zone.  He'll do just fine as a press CB though which should help mask some of his long speed issues.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

This is definitely a Gregg & JD move. Wilson can be his Jimmy Smith. I forgot he was even available. He's a good man CB that fits what we're trying to do. I think he's going to own the CB #1 spot if Gregg really wants to play man. 

Desir will have that IMO. From there it’s open besides Poole in the slot. Austin, Wilson, Hall will battle for that other spot.

It appears JD focused on two areas of need this offseason; OL and DB. I love that he is not neglecting one side or the other. Next year I am certain he focus on whatever position deficiency(s) we have. Team building for the now and future. 

• Like 1