2020 Draft Pick #219 - Geno Stone

coordinator0

Very similar to the Deshon Elliot selection a couple years back. Super young Safety carrying some very different evaluations from analysts, including some early round grades. I think we could have another steal on our hands. Like Elliot, Stone left school too early in many's eyes and his best football could be ahead of him- if he develops properly.

58 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Everything I’m seeing on this kid is super positive. Why’d he fall so far?

Probably not enough splash plays. He had 6 interceptions in his collegiate career which is solid, 4 FFs is hmm, 7 PD is meh, 4 TFL is blah. You contract that to a similarly athletic profiled option in Xavier McKinney (who also fell a little) with 6 FFs, 15 PD, 13 TFL... granted one guy went in the 2nd round and the other in the 7th round, so I get your point... but once a player makes it to that 4th round and below... most teams are looking for an elite trait such as speed, strength, hands, etc. and then build up everything else... with Stone, he seems to be a Jack of All Trades... and without incredible athleticism that might’ve hurt him?

Just speculating.

14 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

“Stone plays far faster than any testing numbers. The way he sees the game is just different and can’t be coached. That’s why he earned playing time as a true freshman at Iowa and has the highest coverage grade of any safety over the past two seasons.”