7th Round (227th overall) - OL Lachavious Simmons, Tennessee State | Bears 2020 Draft

RJ_11

zrRT-Oly_400x400.jpg

(he's the big one)

OL Lachavious Simmons

Tennessee State

Height: 6'5" Weight: 315lb (ish - it's different wherever you look)

There is hardly anything about this guy online, have a video instead.

Edited by RJ_11

I know nothing about him but the assisstant and OL coach of TSU Russ Ehrenfeld doesn't have a good track record with developing OL players who transition to NFL.

The last 4 players drafted was back in 2014 and 2015 and not a single one of them played any meaningful snaps in the NFL. 

Robert Myers was a 5th round pick by the Ravens.

Anthony Morris was a 7th round pick by the raiders.

Kadeem Edwards was a 5th round pick by TB.

None of them even played a single snap in the NFL. 

Demetrius Rhaney was a 7th round pick and played a little bit for the Rams but was out of the league after 4 years.

(Copy-paste from the Hambright thread):

I’m not going to dismiss this as a viable option any more than I would have accepted one of the guys I looked more into in the same range just because I didn’t look into him much. He’s got as much realistic chance to make an impact as any other 6th or 7th round as guys like Runyan or Tremayne Anchrum.

Also having an OL with a nickname like Pig pleases the deep down meatball fan in me. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m not going to dismiss this as a viable option any more than I would have accepted one of the guys I looked more into in the same range just because I didn’t look into him much. He’s got as much realistic chance to make an impact as any other 6th or 7th round as guys like Runyan or Tremayne Anchrum.

Also having an OL with a nickname like Pig pleases the deep down meatball fan in me. 

I am going to try and watch some of each of them this week.

You are essentially drafting tools at that point of the draft.

It is becoming pretty clear that the Bears value length and quickness more than size or power. Both of these guys are tackle converts with good movement skills.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am going to try and watch some of each of them this week.

You are essentially drafting tools at that point of the draft.

It is becoming pretty clear that the Bears value length and quickness more than size or power. Both of these guys are tackle converts with good movement skills.

Yup, I called Ifedi playing OG for us too and he was a OT. Bears whole philosophy is multi-positional.

• Like 1

I always think it is interesting to see what teams have cooking on the scout team OL.

LT: Spriggs

LG: Bars/Hambright

C: Levin

RG: Simmons

RT: Coward

*Simmons, Hambright, Levin on the PR I hate when scout team reps are being wasted on a veteran with no ceiling.

11 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ha!  Me too.