Raider 2020 UDFA signings

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Yeah I don’t get it, rather keep scrubs. Our draft class wasn’t even that big and teams like cowboys/jags/saints/Vikings signing a bunch of a UDFA... smh 

I think we might have had the worst draft relative to the picks we entered with. 
we definitely have the worst UDFA class at the moment...

while we did add talent to the team we should have done a way way better job.  Robertson and Simpson to some degree made the pain a little less but overall We should all be wondering if Mayock if is the right GM.  I really wanted to absolutely love the guy, but I’m seriously questioning him (We all knew Gruden shouldn’t even be in the draft room or have any say at all).  

we all had lofty expectations for this draft and sadly they fell very very short.  Honestly FA the last 2 years hasn’t been that great either, given what we had to spend.  Joyner was a horrible, expensive signing. Williams at best will match expectations.  Brown was overpaid ridiculously, I’m glad we signed him but you do not call Trent Brown up at 12:01 and reset the OT market for a RT.   He’s very good but he’ll never live up to that pay... it’s not even possible.  Witten was a joke of a signing.  I really feel Heath was a poor signing.  Littleton was a great deal and saved FA for us.  Kwiatkowski was a good move at the going rate market or slightly more but def not bad.  We got lucky on Randall, great move., safeties just don’t have a large market.  We missed out on every CB missed out on Terrell and way over drafted Arnette out of pure desperation.  We should have just said “it’s ok we’re gonna go BPA at 19 or trade down and try and get a CB in rounds 2-3 and sign a veteran starting stopgap for the year.”  

last year we did very very well with UDFAs, this year we got a K to compete for a job.  The rest are all no names, except j.white.  If any of these guys got a Signing Bonus besides Eberle and White I’d be surprised.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think we might have had the worst draft relative to the picks we entered with. 
we definitely have the worst UDFA class at the moment...

while we did add talent to the team we should have done a way way better job.  Robertson and Simpson to some degree made the pain a little less but overall We should all be wondering if Mayock if is the right GM.  I really wanted to absolutely love the guy, but I’m seriously questioning him (We all knew Gruden shouldn’t even be in the draft room or have any say at all).  

we all had lofty expectations for this draft and sadly they fell very very short.  Honestly FA the last 2 years hasn’t been that great either, given what we had to spend.  Joyner was a horrible, expensive signing. Williams at best will match expectations.  Brown was overpaid ridiculously, I’m glad we signed him but you do not call Trent Brown up at 12:01 and reset the OT market for a RT.   He’s very good but he’ll never live up to that pay... it’s not even possible.  Witten was a joke of a signing.  I really feel Heath was a poor signing.  Littleton was a great deal and saved FA for us.  Kwiatkowski was a good move at the going rate market or slightly more but def not bad.  We got lucky on Randall, great move., safeties just don’t have a large market.  We missed out on every CB missed out on Terrell and way over drafted Arnette out of pure desperation.  We should have just said “it’s ok we’re gonna go BPA at 19 or trade down and try and get a CB in rounds 2-3 and sign a veteran starting stopgap for the year.”  

last year we did very very well with UDFAs, this year we got a K to compete for a job.  The rest are all no names, except j.white.  If any of these guys got a Signing Bonus besides Eberle and White I’d be surprised.   

that corner a freak athlete and talented, just character issues. Maybe convert him to FS. I was hoping to sign a UDFA  a decent RB, TE, OL, DL, LB (depth still iffy), S, K

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like 3 of the pickups 

- Madre Hill

- Dominik Eberle 

- Javon White 

weak UDFA class 

with up to 123k in signing bonus money it’s crazy what garbage we got.

btw teams can also guarantee some of the  salaries in the contract, which are all league minimum salaries.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/undrafted-free-agents/

Keelan Doss got 52.5k, K.Nixon 25k, , ingold 10k, Andre James 10k, coney 9k, Dylan Maybin 7.5k, Lester cotton 7.5k

the three guys HB said hill, elerble, white are the only ones that deserve anything...

Like if they got anything over $500 we got ripped off.

• Like 1

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

with up to 123k in signing bonus money it’s crazy what garbage we got.

btw teams can also guarantee some of the  salaries in the contract, which are all league minimum salaries.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/undrafted-free-agents/

Keelan Doss got 52.5k, K.Nixon 25k, , ingold 10k, Andre James 10k, coney 9k, Dylan Maybin 7.5k, Lester cotton 7.5k

the three guys HB said hill, elerble, white are the only ones that deserve anything...

Like if they got anything over $500 we got ripped off.

I think that TE we signed only caught 10 passes, why even waste your time. Shouldn't have been hard to bring in a power back, DL we didn't draft any, LB show them the depth chart, S....yeah last year class was really good, was hoping for something similar. I'm going post my draft grades in a minute 

What’s the point of even signing these joke UDFA’s?  There’s not a chance in hell they even make PS.  There aren’t any mini camps to just need Nick Bowers to hold the “blocking shield” and get run into over and over all practice.  Are we not going go sign any more veteran free agents? 8.7M left to spend... no spots left..

im just saying it’s pointless to sign Nick Bowers today and then 10 days from now we resign Dion Jordan and Bowers.

i think our veteran depth made it really hard go get any UDFAs.  What agents telling his highly ranked guard to come here? There’s zero chance to make team.... bad teams or teams that are not deep at a position have the advantage of signing Top UDFAs.

i would have been thrilled to get K like Eberle and a P (Charlton, Turk (couldn’t possibly win job) or evening Roy, Siposs (good competition but not likely to win job)  plus a Top RB like Leake or Robinson. Nope we got scrubs.

Madre Harpers got some nice measureables for a CB:

6’ 1 3/4”   196lbs   4.43@ proday

33 7/8” arms 😃  40” vert  11’2” BJ

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1004154&DraftYear=2020

3 int, 12 pd

i watch any games of his for him but while watching a Few youtube games for Jeremy Chinn he looked good enough I remember looking like who he was

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

3 int, 12 pd

i watch any games of his for him but while watching a Few youtube games for Jeremy Chinn he looked good enough I remember looking like who he was

wonder if he could be a FS convert, he has some good size on him. Probably would have a better shot

59 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

3 int, 12 pd

He's a good practice squad candidate. 

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Said he was signed to be special teams guy and deveolp as a LB so I'm assuming a space and coverage guy. Here is a youtube cutup of him