Raider 2020 UDFA signings

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

What’s the point of even signing these joke UDFA’s?  There’s not a chance in hell they even make PS.  There aren’t any mini camps to just need Nick Bowers to hold the “blocking shield” and get run into over and over all practice.  Are we not going go sign any more veteran free agents? 8.7M left to spend... no spots left..

im just saying it’s pointless to sign Nick Bowers today and then 10 days from now we resign Dion Jordan and Bowers.

i think our veteran depth made it really hard go get any UDFAs.  What agents telling his highly ranked guard to come here? There’s zero chance to make team.... bad teams or teams that are not deep at a position have the advantage of signing Top UDFAs.

i would have been thrilled to get K like Eberle and a P (Charlton, Turk (couldn’t possibly win job) or evening Roy, Siposs (good competition but not likely to win job)  plus a Top RB like Leake or Robinson. Nope we got scrubs.

I’m not sure I am getting this? Our veteran depth is preventing UDFAs from signing? Surely that is only a bad thing if the UDFA is better than the vet. 

We did sign Eberle so what’s the problem ? 

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think we might have had the worst draft relative to the picks we entered with. 
we definitely have the worst UDFA class at the moment...

while we did add talent to the team we should have done a way way better job.  Robertson and Simpson to some degree made the pain a little less but overall We should all be wondering if Mayock if is the right GM.  I really wanted to absolutely love the guy, but I’m seriously questioning him (We all knew Gruden shouldn’t even be in the draft room or have any say at all).  

we all had lofty expectations for this draft and sadly they fell very very short.  Honestly FA the last 2 years hasn’t been that great either, given what we had to spend.

With the ammo we came into the draft with (2 1sts and 3 3rds...the rest were crapshoot picks anyway) we walked away with 1 stud (Ruggs), 1 decent value good player (Edwards), 1 overdrafted player (Arnette), and 2 projects learning new positions for the most part (Bowden and Muse). You're right, that's not good. 

Compounding matters, since drafting Amari in 2015 and shipping him off in 2018, we've invested 3 3rds and a 5th for WRs who hardly if ever played for us, and now just invested another 1st and 2 3rds. 2 1sts, 5 3rds, and 2 5ths for 3 players who have yet to take an NFL snap at a position that has been of need for 4+ years and the great levitator himself. That's just the WR position. 

On top of that, we overpaid Williams, acquired and shipped off a 5 for AJ McCarron. We always brag about cap space but never sign anyone noteworthy and have to suffer through optimists constantly pimping the Keith Smiths and Tarhir Whiteheads of the world as some sort of low key savvy signings. 

Ferrell was a reach last year but 🤷🏼‍♂️. Jacobs was a great pick but I still say he would've been there 2 picks later for us. Abraham barely played, hurt himself and a teammate, and to me has DJ Swearinger written all over him with his style. PJ Hall in the 2nd was a bad reach. Brandon Parker in the 3rd, bad reach. Arden Key in the 3rd, ok reach I guess? 

We've blown cap space, traded picks for nothing, and made reaches over the last 3 off seasons, and we're still a team with a projected 7-9 ceiling. That's terrible improvement for what we've invested. If not for Miller becoming as good as he has and Jacobs justifying his 1st round price tag, since 2017 would be a pitiful joke. Conley, gone. Ferrell, a question mark, Abraham, an injury liability on multiple levels, and now Arnette as another reach. That's 4 of 7 first rounders with only 2 truly producing after a total of 3 seasons. 

It's perfectly rational to be questioning Mayock at this point. Draft reaches, terrible trades, subpar signings, and hardly any improvement. It's beyond frustrating because there are indeed several posters on here who have had mock drafts in each of the last 3 seasons (and yes, I know St Reginald oversaw the 18 draft and some of the trades....Mayock should've learned then) that could have all happened in hindsight with how the drafts ultimately turned out and put us in much better spots. It makes the whole line of "Oh YoU tHiNk YoU cAn Do BeTtEr ThAn OuR pAiD sCoUtS?" line laughable, which in itself is infuriating.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

With the ammo we came into the draft with (2 1sts and 3 3rds...the rest were crapshoot picks anyway) we walked away with 1 stud (Ruggs), 1 decent value good player (Edwards), 1 overdrafted player (Arnette), and 2 projects learning new positions for the most part (Bowden and Muse). You're right, that's not good. 

Compounding matters, since drafting Amari in 2015 and shipping him off in 2018, we've invested 3 3rds and a 5th for WRs who hardly if ever played for us, and now just invested another 1st and 2 3rds. 2 1sts, 5 3rds, and 2 5ths for 3 players who have yet to take an NFL snap at a position that has been of need for 4+ years and the great levitator himself. That's just the WR position. 

On top of that, we overpaid Williams, acquired and shipped off a 5 for AJ McCarron. We always brag about cap space but never sign anyone noteworthy and have to suffer through optimists constantly pimping the Keith Smiths and Tarhir Whiteheads of the world as some sort of low key savvy signings. 

Ferrell was a reach last year but 🤷🏼‍♂️. Jacobs was a great pick but I still say he would've been there 2 picks later for us. Abraham barely played, hurt himself and a teammate, and to me has DJ Swearinger written all over him with his style. PJ Hall in the 2nd was a bad reach. Brandon Parker in the 3rd, bad reach. Arden Key in the 3rd, ok reach I guess? 

We've blown cap space, traded picks for nothing, and made reaches over the last 3 off seasons, and we're still a team with a projected 7-9 ceiling. That's terrible improvement for what we've invested. If not for Miller becoming as good as he has and Jacobs justifying his 1st round price tag, since 2017 would be a pitiful joke. Conley, gone. Ferrell, a question mark, Abraham, an injury liability on multiple levels, and now Arnette as another reach. That's 4 of 7 first rounders with only 2 truly producing after a total of 3 seasons. 

It's perfectly rational to be questioning Mayock at this point. Draft reaches, terrible trades, subpar signings, and hardly any improvement. It's beyond frustrating because there are indeed several posters on here who have had mock drafts in each of the last 3 seasons (and yes, I know St Reginald oversaw the 18 draft and some of the trades....Mayock should've learned then) that could have all happened in hindsight with how the drafts ultimately turned out and put us in much better spots. It makes the whole line of "Oh YoU tHiNk YoU cAn Do BeTtEr ThAn OuR pAiD sCoUtS?" line laughable, which in itself is infuriating.

You're blending the Mayock regime in with Reggie.  Mayock has had 2 years to improve this team and frankly has done a good job in my opinion.  Reggie left us with players who were soft and did not fit what we are now trying to build.  Mayock came into town and rightfully cleaned house and when you're blowing up a roster that takes years to fix.  Our team has been a complete disaster, a disaster with no direction either.  

Reggie was all about scattered picks, bad FA signings, not getting proper value on our trades and that has set us back.  Our team has been a disaster for many years and Reggie brought some form of stability as GM which was certainly an improvement from the Ol' AL years at the end.  Reggie had to blow it up from Al and now Mayock had to blow it up from Reggie.  

I can see the big picture of what we are trying to do.  Get younger, draft alpha players, make good signings of hard nosed football players.  I assure you the Obi's and Wards of the world will no longer be a part of what we are trying to build here.

Overall I thought we had a good draft.  We addressed needs at key positions, got players who want to play and are alphas.  The only pick I am not 100 percent sold on is Arnette, I was hoping Terrell was there but he was not.  We clearly had Terrell and Arnette ranking very closely and didn't want to lose out on him.  I get that. 

I am pleased that Mayock recognized our WR's were trash and that we lacked explosiveness on O.  I am happy we got a CB as we could not roll into the season with what we had.  I don't like how one can not like what we have done in FA and through the draft the last few years.  Is every pick a stud no but so far I don't see and Obi's out there and we have improved the overall quality of our roster quite a bit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, reddevil said:

Another DB ‘dog’. We definitely have a type now!

8 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Said he was signed to be special teams guy and deveolp as a LB so I'm assuming a space and coverage guy. Here is a youtube cutup of him

Seems like a similar player to Tanner Muse. Except he didn’t cost a 3rd because he didn’t attend Clemson 

9 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Said he was signed to be special teams guy and deveolp as a LB so I'm assuming a space and coverage guy. Here is a youtube cutup of him

First time I have seen anything about him and I like what I saw.  As long as he backs up that mouth.  I think we need some vocal players and not just the cheerleader types.

18 hours ago, Trojan said:

not signed, but speculation of maybes:
Joe Bachie, LB Michigan State -- I would assume he and Maxx Crosby are friends and that could be an enticing draw to Vegas.
Joseph Charlton, P South Carolina -- Draftable Punter that could see a potential starting job here
Benito Jones, DT Ole Miss -- I think he signed with Miami, but he's a country boy who would have been a fun battle to track.
Gage Cervenka, C/G Clemson -- Clemson... also back up center and more competition at guard is a thing. Would have experience next to drafted Raider John Simpson.
Bronson Reichstiener, FB Kennesaw State -- Wrestling family but has some elite measurables for a FB position if they want to challenge Alec Ingold.

Would like to bring Bachie in, tenacious and high motor guy who seems to fit our new player profile. Only an average type athlete though so limited in coverage but could be a great ST guy and backup MLB.

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Would like to bring Bachie in, tenacious and high motor guy who seems to fit our new player profile. Only an average type athlete though so limited in coverage but could be a great ST guy and backup MLB.

he already signed somewhere, would have been nice cheap depth. 

4 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Panasiuk_Feature_1_08_05_19_MSU_FTL_MEDI

Brett Keisel approves!

He's actually a solid run defender. Could have a shot to take Hall's spot if they're really down on him.

does he weigh 260? I was reading up him last night, looks like that is his listed weight? Thats a DE in this system, also think he declared early after just 3 years of college football. Seen he has a bit of nasty in him too. Even threaten to leave the program if a coach was fired lol 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

does he weigh 260? I was reading up him last night, looks like that is his listed weight? Thats a DE in this system, also think he declared early after just 3 years of college football. Seen he has a bit of nasty in him too. Even threaten to leave the program if a coach was fired lol 

No, he's 6'4 300. He has a brother at MSU so i think you got the 2 confused.