Sign in to follow this  
canadaluvsdallas

UDFA 2020 Cowboys

Awesome UDFA class for Dallas, easily the best in the NFL in terms of depth.  Kamara is a freak athlete and should have been drafted, same with Steele who is raw but has ability.  McKeon is very athletic at TE and the RBs I do not get, Olonilua is a tank who is wildly athletic, Rico is a little bull who runs hard, and Darius has big play potential.  No clue why they all signed with Dallas but good for them I guess.  Marino is a beast DT with a great personality and Bernard could give nice depth.  Not to mention Rogers who has some upside along with Taumoepeau.

Kansas EDGE Azur Kamara 
Texas Tech OT Terence Steele 
TCU RB Sewo Olonilua 
UAB DT Garrett Marino
Utah LB Francis Bernard 
Michigan TE Sean McKeon
TCU RB Darius Anderson 
South Carolina RB Rico Dowdle 
URI WR Aaron Parker 
UNT EDGE Ladarius Hamilton 
James Madison EDGE Ron’Dell Carter 
Mississippi State WR Stephen Guidry 
Illinois State S Luther Kirk
Portland State TE Charlie Taumoepeau 
Texas A&M WR Kendrick Rogers 

Overall with the UDFA and the draft class Dallas did an awesome job.  Gallimore is going to be an awesome pro I think, same with Lamb and Diggs provides much needed big play ability and turnover potential to the secondary.  Biadasz could be a star at center and Anae is a steal as a edge player and should have been drafted much higher than he was. 

Seriously though does Jerry actually make these picks or does he just have scouts talking in his ear all day long telling him who to get?  Either way great class overall for Dallas I think.

30 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Interesting, but that is what I thought, someone has to be behind it all.  Still with McClay, he does not get as much of the credit but does not get the blame either.  I assume does not have to face the media nearly as much and has much more job security as well.  I assume he gets paid quite well and again without as much of the risk or media pressure.  Could have a long career because does not really have to take the heat Jerry Jones does.  As long as he is fine being in the background it could work out great for all parties involved.

Also interesting article with a lead off with a Cowboys cheerleader picture, clearly with this posted above my comments it would benefit the post maybe be read, because one does tend to skip over the words if this comes second ;o)  

25944834960_599759a589_b.jpg

These would be my 5 favorites to make the team.

UAB DT Garrett Marino

Michigan TE Sean McKeon

Kansas EDGE Azur Kamara 

Rico reminds me of Scarbrough from a couple seasons back in the way he runs. Good balance and fierce leg push into the hole and through the tackle. My thought is they are continuing to look for that short yardage, pile pushing, ham of a runner who can compliment the well balanced running and explosiveness of Zeke. 

But therein, to me, lies the problem. If you pay a man 90 something million bucks you should not have to be looking for something to compliment him. Someone who can give him a breather maybe, but Zeke should be confident in, and the staff should be confident in, Zeke finishing the pile or grinding those 8 and even 9 man fronts for what's needed. He has the ability. Sure it's tough and wears a guy down, but that's the problem with the position and why it's often heartbreaking to teams who pay that position. 

At least they are looking cheaply for the help back there since they spent so much st the top. But that is another problem again. Top heavy teams who spend big at the top and are forced to go cheap at the middle (everyone goes cheap at the bottom) often do not go far into January football.

20 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

These would be my 5 favorites to make the team.

UAB DT Garrett Marino

Michigan TE Sean McKeon

Kansas EDGE Azur Kamara 

I doubt t all5 make the team but I agree these 5 have a damn good chance. Positions of perceived need, players with good potential, and I can see Marino even making it onto the field on ST consistently, and as a small bit player in rotation on defense. Like the way he fights, when he does fight. If he can show that grit more often in camp he probably has the best chance of all the UDFAs to see actual field time.

On 5/3/2020 at 6:23 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Dont forget Stephen, too. Jerry still makes the final decision, but Will and Stephen have been a big boost to this teams drafting. And you know, for all the crap JG got, this teams drafting at the top rounds also had a big uptick in quality when he came aboard...Felix Jones "because he is a special" (and over CJ2K and Mendenhall no less!) Not withstanding. 

On 4/28/2020 at 7:20 PM, WizardHawk said:

I had no idea who is because of what's been going on with me the last 20 months. However your post here put him on my radar. So I did some digging.

He has that utility look to him. Athletic and just plays football. Kind of guy who can execute a key, but small, role when needed. A lead block here, an option route there, a short curl off a chip. He is an athlete who plays football, as simple as it sounds those are the guys who, if you gameplan right, can make a key play once or thrice a game. 

I would not expect him to be a big boost to the passing game, or even the running game. But a bit player who comes in handy when you call on him to pitch in.

The notes I penned down watching him this morn:

Slow to take a first step but quick to plant his legs in protection and even quicker to initiate a run block. No real route running ability, doesnt have many ways to separate outside of athleticism. Uses his hands to fight off defenders. Athleticism bails him out of bad spots. Fights for yardage when given a chance. Likes to get on the inside shoulder of defenders and out move the bigger man. Good vertical threat maybe? Motion man who can exploit zone? Could be a great asset on chip blocks