Snap Counts - Week 3 Edition

Deadpulse

offense.jpgdefense_copy.jpg

Some things to note:

With Rowe out and Gilmore limited, Butler went from dog house to every defensive snap. 

Love seeing my boy Hollister playing just as much as Dorsett

Elandon Roberts got a big cut of the pie this week while David Harris improves on his 1 snap. 

22 minutes ago, Starless said:

It's great that Flowers is good enough to be playing almost every snap, but I get leery of doing that to a young DL early in the season. Hopefully he doesn't get worn down in December/January like Chandler Jones would.

It makes me especially wary because he is the ONLY DL guy that gets that many snaps. Everyone else seems to be situational. 

14 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

It makes me especially wary because he is the ONLY DL guy that gets that many snaps. Everyone else seems to be situational. 

I expect Wise's snaps to increase as the season progresses the same way Flowers' did last year. But I would like to see the team use more 30 fronts (with Guy and Butler at 5T and either Branch or Brown at NT) when Hightower returns.

1 minute ago, Starless said:

I expect Wise's snaps to increase as the season progresses the same way Flowers' did last year. But I would like to see the team use more 30 fronts (with Guy and Butler at 5T and either Branch or Brown at NT) when Hightower returns.

100% on board with this. Have High play on the edge, give Flowers a chance to move around the formation. Have Roberts be more of a downhill player in the middle with KVN as the "general" zone guy. KVN isnt super suited for that, but he is probably our best coverage backer (unfortunately). 

24 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

100% on board with this. Have High play on the edge, give Flowers a chance to move around the formation. Have Roberts be more of a downhill player in the middle with KVN as the "general" zone guy. KVN isnt super suited for that, but he is probably our best coverage backer (unfortunately). 

I'd rather have Marsh/KVN on the edges and HT in the middle of a 3-3-5 defense.

39 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

A lot of blocking from the gun IIRC

I noticed that too upon rewatching it. He's clearly the most valuable back in the eyes of the coaching staff. Lewis is pretty much a forgotten man at this point. He could end up a game day inactive when Burkhead returns. Not sure who would return kicks but Lewis doesn't have much of a role on game day outside of injury protection

15 hours ago, Starless said:

I think it will. Flowers playing time is a product of the teams we are playing and until Branch comes back to life (kinda had some moments this game) the talent is only on Flowers.

Marsh made a decent play with the strip sack, then he royally pissed on a coach by almost not getting off the field in time. Luckily Watson drew a delay of game that play, but the clock was doing weird things as well.

43 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Didn't Marquis Flowers start? And then played one snap the rest of the way? Kind of odd.

I wouldnt be shocked if he was the practice player of the week or something and got the start as a little bonus to him and a boon to push him to continue improving.

Or I'm completely wrong lol

Archived