Official UDFA Thread

candyman93

11 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Kinda bummed Robert Landers hasn't gotten a shot yet

Yeah it seems wild that a guy who’s been able to get snaps for 4 years on one of the best DL’s in CFB wouldn’t get a FA deal.

I’m assuming they don’t like him enough to pay him a bonus, etc., but I can’t imagine he doesn’t at least get a camp invite.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Kinda bummed Robert Landers hasn't gotten a shot yet

He's the best HS football player that we've ever played against as a coach, and that includes Josh Myers. The dude was unblockable in HS. He's a super disruptive interior DL and nice rotational piece. I'm sure many don't like his size, but his production and lateral ability and "get off the ball" is hard to deny. I hope someone gives him a camp invite.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He's the best HS football player that we've ever played against as a coach, and that includes Josh Myers. The dude was unblockable in HS. He's a super disruptive interior DL and nice rotational piece. I'm sure many don't like his size, but his production and lateral ability and "get off the ball" is hard to deny. I hope someone gives him a camp invite.

I hope that someone is the Browns.

Doubt he makes the roster, but he’ll compete.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hope that someone is the Browns.

Doubt he makes the roster, but he’ll compete.

Very unlikely that he'd make it here, but I agree. He'd be (best case scenario) our 5th best interior DL, and his age as a 5th year senior probably isn't as appealing as he's a tweener and will be perceived as "maxed out" frame-wise. I'd love for it to be here, but in general, I always hope for these kids to succeed and get their shot anywhere. A team that brings him into camp will be pleasantly surprised and he'll make someone's job difficult from a roster spot/practice squad standpoint.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, I thought he had a lot similarities to Grady Jarrett, and I absolutely fell in love with his HS highlights, that was probably some of the best film ive ever seen from a prospect.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

2 words. Delone Carter. Watched him in HS when he was competing against Beanie Wells for Mr. Ohio Football and honestly never seen anything like him at a high school level. He singlehandedly took a smaller suburban league high school to the State quarterfinals against huge programs like Tallmadge, Massillon, ect because he averaged over 10 yards per carry and like 50 TDs per season.

Give him the ball, TD. Give it to him again, TD. One more time, TD. He would break like 6 tackles per run by just throwing guys off of him. Just unfair and then he went to Syracuse and broke off of Jim Browns rushing records there. OSU offered Beanie and not him which I will never understand how OSU doent even recruit the guy who won Mr. Football in your own state.

Edited by AkronsWitness

33 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

2 words. Delone Carter. Watched him in HS when he was competing against Beanie Wells for Mr. Ohio Football and honestly never seen anything like him at a high school level. He singlehandedly took a smaller suburban league high school to the State quarterfinals against huge programs like Tallmadge, Massillon, ect because he averaged over 10 yards per carry and like 50 TDs per season.

Give him the ball, TD. Give it to him again, TD. One more time, TD. He would break like 6 tackles per run by just throwing guys off of him. Just unfair and then he went to Syracuse and broke off of Jim Browns rushing records there. OSU offered Beanie and not him which I will never understand how OSU doent even recruit the guy who won Mr. Football in your own state.

Beanie Wells was a beast that’s why. He just projected better than Carter. There has been a few Mr. Ohio guys that tOSU has recruited. They only took one back that cycle I believe. 

Just now, buno67 said:

Beanie Wells was a beast that’s why. He just projected better than Carter. There has been a few Mr. Ohio guys that tOSU has recruited. They only took one back that cycle I believe. 

Yeah if I remember correct it was because of size. Carter was shorter and stockier similar to a MJD build and Wells was more of a prototype.

50 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

DC was a grinder for Syracuse, loved him when he was at Syracuse 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

2 words. Delone Carter.

I played against him when he was a Freshman. He actually played on the Freshman football team. We somehow beat the crap out of him that game. If I recall correctly, we shut them out. He played his freshman year at Akron Hoban and was behind Tyrell Sutton, who gave us a nice raping every season.

Fun Fact: I outrushed Tyrell Sutton in the first half of one of our games and forced him to fumble.

Akron Hoban--28
Holy Name--0

Bleedtheclock's Final Rushing #'s: 93 yards
Sutton's Final Rushing #'s: 270+ yards

12 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I played against him when he was a Freshman. He actually played on the Freshman football team. We somehow beat the crap out of him that game. If I recall correctly, we shut them out. He played his freshman year at Akron Hoban and was behind Tyrell Sutton, who gave us a nice raping every season.

Fun Fact: I outrushed Tyrell Sutton in the first half of one of our games and forced him to fumble.

Akron Hoban--28
Holy Name--0

Bleedtheclock's Final Rushing #'s: 93 yards
Sutton's Final Rushing #'s: 270+ yards

Blast from the past. Sutton is probably the best player in Northwestern history.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Blast from the past. Sutton is probably the best player in Northwestern history.

Yeah Sutton was a nightmare. So fast and sneaky strong. When I made him "fumble," he juked me out of my shoes and somehow out of blind luck, my elbow hit the football. I don't even think I touched him lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah Sutton was a nightmare. So fast and sneaky strong. When I made him "fumble," he juked me out of my shoes and somehow out of blind luck, my elbow hit the football. I don't even think I touched him lol

The only other northwestern player I remember is Noah Herron. This game shook me and reminded me that OSU wasn’t unbeatable when they played bad teams.

1st and only time they’ve beaten us since 1971.

Edited by candyman93