7.244: MIN - Nate Stanley QB/Iowa

RpMc

I hated Nate Stanley big time before the season, but he played great against USC in the bowl game, ripped up the Gophers when they played them at times, played good against Michigan and Penn State this season etc.  Played awesome against Ohio State more than once especially a few years back.  Kid can throw the ball, and what do I hate more Sean Mannion as the primary backup or Nate Stanley?

Yeah it is Sean Mannion, got has almost zero upside and future potential.  Stanley is a big strong dude who can throw the ball.  Has gotten better every season and does not need to throw 50 passes in a game to be successful.  I would have been happy with Shea Patterson as well there, Patterson is far more athletic and I would have liked that but does not have the arm strength arguably and cannot stand in the pocket and take hits like Stanley.

Either way they addressed the QB spot and hard to not be happy with that, and if he does not work out no big loss.  

PS wish they brough back Kyle Sloter honestly but that probably will never happen.

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Ah, well I'm not from Minnesota, and not a GoldenGophers fan. Got it now.

Hey they got 5 players drafted in the NFL draft this year, most since 1988 I believe.  Mind you 4 of the 5 were Jerry Kill's players but hard to knock PJ Fleck and the success he has had with the win at Madison and the massive win against Auburn in the bowl game.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...