Total Take

Starchisaga

2 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

So who teams are going to draft?. 
Some randomized players off the street.?

Because college season ain’t going to happen too.

Draft will be all about potential, Gutey will shine

The move to draft Love is gutsy. If it works and you move on from Rodgers I'm 2022, you can even probably get decent value in return. The cost to move up was very reasonable, and I see a lot to like. This is obviously the biggest part of the draft. I'm ok with it but it's a huge gamble. 

A power RB. OK. Hopefully he's good enough to split reps pretty early, otherwise I don't really like drafting RB high just like I don't want to resign him.

TE/FB/H back? Ok I see the direction they want to go. Heavier sets force teams out of their base nickel for more favorable matchups. Not my preference, but not my choice.

The rest, looks like some solid ol. A thumper ILB, nothing surprising day 3.

I'm ok with it, just hope it works

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

You see, here's my thing. I like the players but the timing of it makes no sense. I truly and honestly believe the Packers are planning on there not being a 2020 Football season. Which would make sense because the CDC has came out and said the 1st wave of COVID was at the tail end of flu season and we can expect the 2nd wave to be far worse than the 1st one. If that's the case, there certainly will not be a 2020 season of football and this draft ended up making sense.

Is that assuming there's a 2020 College season, and a 2021 draft?

Edited by HyponGrey

Let’s be honest if Love hits and he is the starting QB for 15 years... it’s an A.

Otherwise it’s clearly obvious they want to build a team that bullies others and that doesn’t get bullied. So for LaFleur it’s a great draft because it should lead to running more.

For Rodgers and the fans it’s a bad draft. But watch like most of these guys hit for us haha.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Any chance GB just doesn't think there's a season at all this year?

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I sure don't think there's going to be one.

Yeah, economics dictates otherwise. You put the world through this for another 2-3 months in the fall there is a world wide depression. There will be far more deaths due to that than COVID-19. They will have learned a ton by fall. Have a better way to deal with it and reduce the mortality rate significantly. 

They will be asking people to check to see if they've actually had it already and were asymptomatic. I'm going in on Monday to get blood drawn and having it tested to see if I have the antibodies in my blood already. I'm guessing over 40% of the population will have had it and didn't know it. 

The Chinese government is in for a day of reckoning however for their malfeasance in this process. Either incidental or deliberate.  

There is going to be football! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, economics dictates otherwise. You put the world through this for another 2-3 months in the fall there is a world wide depression. There will be far more deaths due to that than COVID-19. They will have learned a ton by fall. Have a better way to deal with it and reduce the mortality rate significantly. 

We won't have a vaccine for another 12-18 months and progress on treatment has been slow. At present, the only strategy we have is to do widespread testing and contact tracing hope that they can catch a flare-up and do small-scale lockdowns before it becomes big enough to put whole regions/countries under again.

12 minutes ago, Golfman said:

They will be asking people to check to see if they've actually had it already and were asymptomatic. I'm going in on Monday to get blood drawn and having it tested to see if I have the antibodies in my blood already. I'm guessing over 40% of the population will have had it and didn't know it.

Antibody studies so far suggest that the number of cases is way higher than we thought, but they tend to point toward something in the single digit range, like 4%. Maybe higher in NYC. Definitely not 40%. And most experts are being very cautious about how to interpret those results, because they don't square well with a lot of the other data we have about the virus.

9 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

We won't have a vaccine for another 12-18 months and progress on treatment has been slow. At present, the only strategy we have is to do widespread testing and contact tracing hope that they can catch a flare-up and do small-scale lockdowns before it becomes big enough to put whole regions/countries under again.

Antibody studies so far suggest that the number of cases is way higher than we thought, but they tend to point toward something in the single digit range, like 4%. Maybe higher in NYC. Definitely not 40%. And most experts are being very cautious about how to interpret those results, because they don't square well with a lot of the other data we have about the virus.

I don't believe they've had enough of a sample size to determine the percentage of people who have had it. You are correct on widespread testing. I don't see anther lock down coming. The economy will not handle it and again, the deaths from other things will be a lot higher than COVID-19 if we lock people down again and they lose everything. 

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

Question for all the 'draftniks' on this site! 

How do you feel about all the countless hours you spend on your own personal pre-draft work only to have the 'experts' totally ignore it? Gotta be a little frustrating I would think. 

Not at all.  Just shows you the beauty of this whole thing.  You can lock 30 different scouts in the same room watching the exact same tape, and you can get 30 different opinions.