Total Take

Starchisaga

4 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

You see, here's my thing. I like the players but the timing of it makes no sense. I truly and honestly believe the Packers are planning on there not being a 2020 Football season. Which would make sense because the CDC has came out and said the 1st wave of COVID was at the tail end of flu season and we can expect the 2nd wave to be far worse than the 1st one. If that's the case, there certainly will not be a 2020 season of football and this draft ended up making sense.

Does it though ?

It makes the Love pick work a bit more as Rodgers is older. But looking ahead, you haven't drafted him (Love) any weapons and you haven't sorted out the problem of an ageing OL. And the defence is still a problem. A bad draft doesn't become a good draft because you miss a year.

The likes of Bakh, Adams will be older as well as Rodgers and you haven't done anything to mitigate that. You've just got a RB we don't really need yet, a full back and some filler that probably wont be in the NFL in a few years. 

I'm a RN in Florida, and if I had to guess there won't be a full season if any of one. Not saying I'm an expert, but I've worked for my employer for 14 years and have never seen prep like they have done for this. Even with the numbers not being what people thought.. It is also logical that the colder fall and winter months would only see a spike. So over this crap. Just want things back to before.

13 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

You see, here's my thing. I like the players but the timing of it makes no sense. I truly and honestly believe the Packers are planning on there not being a 2020 Football season. Which would make sense because the CDC has came out and said the 1st wave of COVID was at the tail end of flu season and we can expect the 2nd wave to be far worse than the 1st one. If that's the case, there certainly will not be a 2020 season of football and this draft ended up making sense.

I was telling myself this last night. Would vets accrue a season? 

18 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Does it though ?

It makes the Love pick work a bit more as Rodgers is older. But looking ahead, you haven't drafted him (Love) any weapons and you haven't sorted out the problem of an ageing OL. And the defence is still a problem. A bad draft doesn't become a good draft because you miss a year.

The likes of Bakh, Adams will be older as well as Rodgers and you haven't done anything to mitigate that. You've just got a RB we don't really need yet, a full back and some filler that probably wont be in the NFL in a few years. 

And there's an entire offseason again next year before football season which includes another draft.

Edited by Nick_gb

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

With presumably a randomized draft order.  Even though they made the NFC championship game, in terms of rostered talent the Packers were not a top 4 organization.

So lets just hope the randomized order goes in our favor! 

57 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Question for all the 'draftniks' on this site! 

How do you feel about all the countless hours you spend on your own personal pre-draft work only to have the 'experts' totally ignore it? Gotta be a little frustrating I would think. 

yep, not doing it anymore, I think I will be much happier around this time next year

• Like 1