Total Take

Starchisaga

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I wonder if this won't go down, not only as the best Packer draft class ever, but the best draft class in NFL history.

**** imagine if we went to the super bowl with this class lol. People are gonna suck off Gutey so much its going to be hilarious.

1 minute ago, hoekd0250 said:

I actually really like the too part of this draft to setup how we deal with options next offseason. Without AJ Dillion we could have gotten stuck with a bad cap scenerio at rb. 

Also Linsley... this draft tells me clark, king will get paid. Linsley and Jones not so much.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

My take: It would have been better to take Hurts in the third-round as opposed to an H-back, because then Packer fans could at least get the take away that Love Hurts.

Sorry not sorry!

HA. Too bad Howie Roseman decided to ruin that plan and my hopes and dreams!

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I wonder if this won't go down, not only as the best Packer draft class ever, but the best draft class in NFL history.

Everyone is grading your draft as the worst and ours one of the best.. no one knows anything it’s all speculation. This could be the best draft in the history of your team and the worst of ours, we will see

16 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Everyone is grading your draft as the worst and ours one of the best.. no one knows anything it’s all speculation. This could be the best draft in the history of your team and the worst of ours, we will see

Most of the draft grades I’ve read for GB all have the same lazy take:  “GB didn’t take a receiver so their draft was a bust!”, and proceeded to give them a D grade or worse.  Only one that I read thought Love was an expensive reach, but most didn’t even mention that - just that GB didn’t take a receiver, therefore it sucked.

The Patriots didn’t take a receiver either (which is considered by many as a huge need for them), nor did they take a QB, which also left many scratching their heads.  Most draft grades I’ve seen for them have been in the C or D range also.  Point is, none of those idiots know a team’s draft board and will only give a high grade to teams who grabbed the shiny toys.  Shiny toys have a pretty significant bust rate also.

• Like 1

You know what? I change my mind (aside from Jordan Love that early). I think we'll revisit this draft class in a few years, and we'll look upon it more favorably than we do now. I'm excited about Deguara and Dillon. Got insurance along the oline. And hopefully Martin can be a plus. Cautiously optimistic

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

If this class is integral to a Super Bowl, a lot of people are getting tagged. 

Why? If the class is bad it's not like people will be tagging you telling you you were wrong. And if they do, those are the type of people you should choose to ignore

I absolutely hate the mentality of having to be right or having to rub it in people's faces that they're wrong. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Why? If the class is bad it's not like people will be tagging you telling you you were wrong. And if they do, those are the type of people you should choose to ignore

I absolutely hate the mentality of having to be right or having to rub it in people's faces that they're wrong. 

Just to prove a point, is all. You don't grade a draft class the day of or the day after. For all the sky is falling posts because we didn't draft someone Daniel Jeremiah said we should, people would flat out deserve it. 

All I've asked for is to be reasonable and all I was met with was resistance the entire time. Let's see the plan in action before we lose our **** over Daniel Jeremiah's draft grades. 

Edited by beekay414

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Most of the draft grades I’ve read for GB all have the same lazy take:  “GB didn’t take a receiver so their draft was a bust!”, and proceeded to give them a D grade or worse.  Only one that I read thought Love was an expensive reach, but most didn’t even mention that - just that GB didn’t take a receiver, therefore it sucked.

The Patriots didn’t take a receiver either (which is considered by many as a huge need for them), nor did they take a QB, which also left many scratching their heads.  Most draft grades I’ve seen for them have been in the C or D range also.  Point is, none of those idiots know a team’s draft board and will only give a high grade to teams who grabbed the shiny toys.  Shiny toys have a pretty significant bust rate also.

Its not just receiver ....

DL was another glaring need. Corner might become a problem and there's no obvious solution to the RT.  You shouldn't draft exclusively for need but you have to take it into account. Unless you are genuinely going to try and tank the season you have to make some attempt to address the issues especially when they match up perfectly with the strength of the draft.

Maybe it is a rebuild draft and we've given up on the Rodgers, Jones, Adams, Bakh era. In which case I guess you have to evaluate whether the new team gets it done down the line. I think with Covid though people needed a boost and a draft like this is a bit of a kick in the teeth. 

Just off of variance a couple guys from this draft probably turn into solid contributors but the upside seems way more capped than usual. Even if Love isn't a bust and plays great for 1 year cheap and the FB turns into a pro-bowler it's not a home run.

I don't mind not drafting a WR, I think we have some depth there and it could work out, especially when we move to a more run-oriented offense.

I also don't mind taking Love in Round 1. Sometimes just take the best Player available in the early round if he falls to you. But this I do mind - IF he falls to you. He didn't. We gave up a valuable pick there which I do mind. 

Which I mind the most is that we didn't attend our biggest weakness from last season. In all our four losses the opponent ran at us heavily and successfully, we were manhandled. In other games we even got behind against a mediocare run attack like Detriod because we couldn't stop the run. Who knows how week 16 would have ended if MIN didn't have to play with their 3rd string RB. Or WC game against SEA with Carson and/or Penny.

Otherwise I think we played on a level where we deserved being 13-3 and in the CS Game. And still nothing yet up front against the run and almost no cap space left. That is ridicolous. The NFC got better, our shedule harder, we will play against really good run offenses - I am optimistic that our other playmakers are good enough to get us to the playoffs again, but thats it. 

I would have gone all-in for the last 1-2 playoff runs with AR and then rebuild. But so we have a really expensive HOF QB but no team which he can get to the SB.

Overall Draft grade for me - D+