UDFA Thread

49erurtaza

Just now, Justone2 said:

Also looks to have some zip on it. Looks strange how he throws it but can't really put my finger on it what makes it look so strange.

I am annoyed that I actually looked into super small school Jackson Erdmann at qb and could have seemed super impressive, and then we go with this guy who I only really knew of in passing

My mother-in-law lives near North Central. Over the holidays, I went to a coffee shop to get some work done and Broc Rutter came in to get some coffee. The only reason I knew this was because the locals were just fawning all over him. This was like a week after he led them to the Div III Championship, but it was still weird. 

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

One left

They usually oversign though and then release a few fringe players on the 90. Guys like Thieneman, Alfieri, Amichia, Jones-Smith, Poindexter, Ray Smith, Barrett, etc. could be cut. They might like some UDFAs more than them.

• Like 1

They probably don't need 19 DBs, so I expect Thieneman or Jermaine Kelly to get cut. They probably need one more DL, especially with Blair and Taylor possibly not ready for TC. Every other position looks pretty nice, IMHO. Probably need one more FB/TE I guess. They usually take 7 to TC.

Edited by struby3

2 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

FwiW on Acy...   https://withthefirstpick.com/2019/06/25/2020-nfl-draft-sleeper-prospects/9/

Acy is a former 3-star safety recruit who only got one other offer from a Power 5 school (Iowa St.) team during his recruitment. He has since made a successful and profitable move to cornerback since arriving at Missouri.

Acy has great size at 6-2 and 195 pounds. He is long, lanky and knows how to use his frame in coverage. He has excellent ball skills as evidenced by his 3 interceptions and 10 pass breakups last season.

He is at his best in zone coverage when he can keep his eyes on the quarterback and make a play on the ball. He is also solid in man coverage where he uses his length well to make up for a lack of speed at times. Lastly, he is not afraid to tackle and tackle hard in run support or on screens.

You won’t hear Acy’s name mentioned as one of the best cornerbacks in the 2020 draft class. At least at the beginning of the year, and that’s a mistake. Everything about his game screams first-round pick and excellent cornerback at the next level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Meh, not holding out much hope for Acy but stranger things have happened. Physically he looks the part but his game has alot of holes. He's a project at this point imo. But he's definitely the kind of player you bring in as a UDFA and see if he takes to the coaching

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1