2020 UDFA Thread

NewAge

13 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Berrios is a very good PR, something thats gonna give him a leg up on guys like Cager while fighting for one of those last WR slots

Also helps that he’s the only other small/quick slot WR on the team. What happens if Crowder gets hurt and we don’t have Q. Who plays in the slot?

11 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

As the president of the Lawrence Cager fan club, they are right. lol 

Lol. I think Cager could be really good. That skill set and size just doesn’t seem natural for normal people!! Why did he go undrafted? What issues may he have making the roster? 

5 hours ago, xenajets said:

Lol. I think Cager could be really good. That skill set and size just doesn’t seem natural for normal people!! Why did he go undrafted? What issues may he have making the roster? 

Injuries killed him for the most part.  Suffered a serious ankle injury that ended his season. Before that was the shoulder. He hurt his knee in Miami and that took him out. He on the field as a true freshman in Miami but those injuries were killing him. To be real, it's concerning. When he's healthy, he's just as good as anyone in the draft. He ate Florida and Notre Dame up. He would have gotten more targets if he didn't have to share with the rushing attack and Pickens. The games his stats were low in were blowouts besides South Carolina and that game was Fromm's fault. Out of all the big WRs in this draft, he separates better than all of them. His speed is around 4.5ish. I think I remember him saying he'll be ready for camp, but I'm not sure. If he's healthy, he's making the team.  

4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Injuries killed him for the most part.  Suffered a serious ankle injury that ended his season. Before that was the shoulder. He hurt his knee in Miami and that took him out. He on the field as a true freshman in Miami but those injuries were killing him. To be real, it's concerning. When he's healthy, he's just as good as anyone in the draft. He ate Florida and Notre Dame up. He would have gotten more targets if he didn't have to share with the rushing attack and Pickens. The games his stats were low in were blowouts besides South Carolina and that game was Fromm's fault. Out of all the big WRs in this draft, he separates better than all of them. His speed is around 4.5ish. I think I remember him saying he'll be ready for camp, but I'm not sure. If he's healthy, he's making the team.  

Wow so it really comes down to health. I’m really looking forward to seeing how he and Lamar Jackson get on as both could end up making the team. Just really kills these young guys not having rookie camps etc. Any word on what’s happening over there? Will trining camps still go ahead? 

43 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Wow so it really comes down to health. I’m really looking forward to seeing how he and Lamar Jackson get on as both could end up making the team. Just really kills these young guys not having rookie camps etc. Any word on what’s happening over there? Will trining camps still go ahead? 

Last I heard was they're doing voluntary virtual workouts. Because of some of the recent NBA news about them trying to get practice facilities open, I think it will happen along with the NFL when more tests are available. NBA players were getting tested on the spot after games. I think the leagues will talk them into it and agree that all players have to get tested first. If that happens, we should be good.  

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Last I heard was they're doing voluntary virtual workouts. Because of some of the recent NBA news about them trying to get practice facilities open, I think it will happen along with the NFL when more tests are available. NBA players were getting tested on the spot after games. I think the leagues will talk them into it and agree that all players have to get tested first. If that happens, we should be good.  

Yes but this is all pending no set back. A lot of states are loosening these rules in the coming days. Cases go back up and this can delay things even longer than originally it could have. Thats the issue.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes but this is all pending no set back. A lot of states are loosening these rules in the coming days. Cases go back up and this can delay things even longer than originally it could have. Thats the issue.

I think the problem is as soon as they do open things up even just a little bit the death rate and infection rate are going to increase. Here in the UK they’ve said our soccer will be delayed until maybe June but in other European leagues like France they’ve issued the season at an end. 

58 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I think the problem is as soon as they do open things up even just a little bit the death rate and infection rate are going to increase. Here in the UK they’ve said our soccer will be delayed until maybe June but in other European leagues like France they’ve issued the season at an end. 

Yup I’ve seen that. (been craving some Bayern soccer).

I think another thing to boys with this odd offseason will be injuries. Think of when a player holds out how they’re more injury prone bc while they’re still working out... they’re not in “football” shape. So depth this season will be bigger than most years IMO

18 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Also helps that he’s the only other small/quick slot WR on the team. What happens if Crowder gets hurt and we don’t have Q. Who plays in the slot?

I'd actually like to see Cager work the slot and bully these tiny slot CBs.  His limited ability to separate could limit his upside as a boundary WR but I could see him thriving in the slot actually being able to use that size to his advantage.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Yup I’ve seen that. (been craving some Bayern soccer).

I think another thing to boys with this odd offseason will be injuries. Think of when a player holds out how they’re more injury prone bc while they’re still working out... they’re not in “football” shape. So depth this season will be bigger than most years IMO

I know soccer MMA and basketball get me through the long months without football but now we have nothing. 

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yeah, they will go up and I'm personally not going out until July. But Sports runs differently. It wouldn't surprise me if they pulled it off.