7.253 - MIN: Kyle Hinton G/Washburn

RpMc

The athleticism is promising.

One of Arif’s articles at the Athletic included Hinton as a late round sleeper:

An athletic tackle at the Division-II level, Hinton may need to switch to guard in the NFL because of his length. To do so, he’ll have to add some size onto his 295-pound frame. Nevertheless, he falls well within the Vikings’ thresholds for the position, putting together numbers that rival the most athletic offensive linemen at the combine — he ran a faster 40-yard dash than anyone at the position but (Iowa’s) Tristan Wirfs, and he maintains that position even after adjusting for weight. Only three guards ran faster short shuttle times at the combine than he did at his pro day (4.66 seconds), and he didn’t sacrifice explosion or strength to get those speed numbers. With 34 bench press reps, he compares favorably to the rest of the guard class and he still had the ability to put together the second-highest vertical leap, again just behind Wirfs.

Would be ideal if he gains some weight and strength this year on the practice squad, compete for a backup C/G role next year (when some of the veteran depth like Jones and Elflein is unlikely to be back). 

Hmmmm...glad they took a guard, but I am concerned about his size.  I wonder if Kubiak could turn him into an H-Back with his athleticism.  Turn him into a contemporary Kleinsasser!

9 hours ago, Krauser said:

The athleticism is promising.

One of Arif’s articles at the Athletic included Hinton as a late round sleeper:

Would be ideal if he gains some weight and strength this year on the practice squad, compete for a backup C/G role next year (when some of the veteran depth like Jones and Elflein is unlikely to be back). 

Yeah, if we can redshirt him an entire year that'd be great. 

I love getting new blood on the OL. We really need it, given that our only above average player at this group is O'Neill.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I love getting new blood on the OL. We really need it, given that our only above average player at this group is O'Neill.

Yeah they could use a high level starter, haven’t had one since Hutchinson. That’s why I was on board with trading for Williams. 

But OL, the most important thing is avoiding weaknesses, not having superstars. The biggest problem is that too many of their investments (Elflein and Bradbury most recently) haven’t even been average. If Elflein and Bradbury had just been solid so far, the Vikings could be going into the year with the tackles sorted out, and only one question, at RG. 

• Like 4

On 4/26/2020 at 10:17 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Hoping to practice Squad Hinton. The jump of level of competition is going to be too crazy for him for his first year. But he's a great candidate for the PS because of his athletic upside. 

• Like 1