7.253 - MIN: Kyle Hinton G/Washburn

RpMc

3 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Maybe I'm reading to much into the comments, but page one of this thread seemed to be full of optimism that he's a "diamond in the rough."  This diamond has to be cut and polished very carefully to find some worth in it. Maybe what he really is cubic zirconium!

I can’t speak for others, but the optimism to me is that he has an athletic foundation to be something. The road from 7th round draft picks to viable nfl starter is a long one, but at least he’s not immediately disqualified because of lack of nfl athleticism (see willie beavers). The optimism is grounded and tempered but this is what we do, we over analyze and try to find the silver linings on why the Vikings drafted him and what they see in him. If we can reconcile that and it makes sense and can be backed up by something concrete (game tape, analytics, athletic testing, etc), then I get a little bit more excited. 

On 5/20/2020 at 3:05 PM, Virginia Viking said:

Maybe I'm reading to much into the comments, but page one of this thread seemed to be full of optimism that he's a "diamond in the rough."  This diamond has to be cut and polished very carefully to find some worth in it. Maybe what he really is cubic zirconium!

Good point. I'll take cubic zirconium over the rhinestones we have out there now. ^_^

• Like 1

• 1 month later...