Grade the 2020 draft of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

bucsfan333

Here is my grade/take:

1st round - A: I never thought Wirfs would fall to us. I had him as the 1st or 2nd OT off the board. We didn't overthink it and even moved up to make sure we landed him. He's gonna be a fixture at RT...

2nd round - A+: We landed another guy I had a 1st round grade on and the best S prospect in the draft. He has the bloodline and a truly versatile FS. This is my favorite pick of our draft and quite honestly, might end up being the biggest steal of the entire 2020 draft. He's that good.

3rd round - C-: I still hate the fact that we passed on Zach Moss even with the medical, as I don't believe in giving RBs a 2nd contract anyway, so the medical isn't that concerning to me. Anyway, I didn't know a ton about Vaughn, but had seen him play a few times. I think there was better value to be had in 3rd, not just at RB, but at other spots as well. I do understand the need though and in researching the guy further he seems like he does have some upside. This was my least favorite pick...

5th round - A: Another pick, another steal! I had Johnson as a late 3rd-early 4th guy, so getting him a round and a half later is huge. He gives us a solid #3 and should quickly evolve into a go to WR for Brady in key situations, as his hands and route running are assets...

6th round - B+: I love that we went for the numbers guy vs. just a name recognition guy in later rounds. This guy is uber athletic and had pretty good production numbers to match. He's somewhat limited by his arms, but looks like a guy who can be a rotational 5 tech that could be a starter if developed...

7th round (pick #1) - C: Honestly knew nothing about him, but he filled a depth need. I liked other names still on the board, but not gonna hate on a 7th, as slim/none offs they crack the roster anyway...

7th round (pick#2) - B-: I actually had him ranked higher than our 3rd round RB. He's a gadget guy and a weapon in the return game. He can catch as well. Solid pick...

Overall - A: This was our best draft from top to bottom since I've been a fan (4 drafts now). Enough said...

• Like 2