2020 Minnesota Vikings Draft Class

RpMc

Who was your favorite draft pick from the weekend?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Draft Pick

• Justin Jefferson WR/LSU
    • Jeff Gladney CB/TCU
    • Ezra Cleveland T/Boise State
    • Cameron Dantzler DB/Mississippi State
    • DJ Wonnum EDGE/South Carolina
    • James Lynch DT/Baylor
    • Troy Dye LB/Oregon
    • Harrison Hand CB/Temple
    • KJ Osborn WR/Miami
    • Blake Brendel T/Oregon State
    • Josh Metellus S/Michigan
    • Kenny Willekes EDGE/Michigan State
    • Nate Stanley QB/Iowa
    • Brian Cole II S/Mississippi State
    • Kyle Hinton G/Washburn

32 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Don’t need to if Reiff is a Guard.

Choosing a guard in this draft wouldn't have been for THIS season.  But, they need one for the long term, and one from this draft might have been ready to start in 2021 or 2022.  The Vikings won't want to carry Reiff's high salary for several more years, especially with them having spread out their high extension payments with the higher years over the next several seasons.  And Cook's next one will do that. as well.  It would also be nice for them to have young guards developing along with O'Neill and Cleveland.

12 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Would Reiff be the long term answer? Is the new guy ready to start at LT from day one?

Guess we will find out. What would make a rookie Guard anymore ready than a rookie Tackle.  There are vets on the roster and there seems to be optimism for Samia. 

The OL will surely be addressed again next year. Theres a trend now. 

O’Neill - 2nd 

Bradbury - 1st 

Cleveland - 2nd

Three years in a row with an OL taken within the first two rounds. Next year, they probably get an OG to replace Reiff. Hopefully Samia impresses and is part of the future at RG.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

It is doubtful that Reiff could be a short-term answer at guard. It is even less likely he would be a long-term answer.

It is also doubtful that the new guy would be ready to start at LT from day one.

I think the presumptive starters on the offensive line at this point would be Reiff, Elflein, Bradbury, Dozier, and O'Neill.

I think they need to give Kline a call.

Best case Cleveland is ready and beats out Reiff.

Cleveland/Kline/Bradbury/Samia/O’Neill

2 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

It is doubtful that Reiff could be a short-term answer at guard. It is even less likely he would be a long-term answer.

It is also doubtful that the new guy would be ready to start at LT from day one.

I think the presumptive starters on the offensive line at this point would be Reiff, Elflein, Bradbury, Dozier, and O'Neill.

I think they are expecting Samia to start at RG. 

Didn't Remmers move to guard and then Hill started at tackle until O'Neal took over? I wonder if they'd try something like that again

• Like 1

Just now, Robb_K said:

Choosing a guard in this draft wouldn't have been for THIS season.  But, they need one for the long term, and one from this draft might have been ready to start in 2021 or 2022.  The Vikings won't want to carry Reiff's high salary for several more years, especially with them having spread out their high extension payments with the higher years over the next several seasons.  And Cook's next one will do that. as well.  It would also be nice for them to have young guards developing along with O'Neill and Cleveland.

Take a Guard next year. Reiff, Samia, Elflein and Dozier is plenty for this year with one young player with reasonable upside in Samia.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Guess we will find out. What would make a rookie Guard wouldn’t be anymore ready than a rookie Tackle.  There are vets on the roster and there seems to be optimism for Samia. 

The OL will surely be addressed again next year. Theres a trend now. 

O’Neill - 2nd 

Bradbury - 1st 

Cleveland - 2nd

Three years in a row with an OL taken within the first two rounds. Next year, they probably get an OG to replace Reiff. Hopefully Samia impresses and is part of the future at RG.

A mid round pick could have potentially been ready for next year. At this point we don't really have any developmental interior lineman besides Samia

I think we had an above average draft, maybe even top ten in the league. We addressed every need. I would have preferred one more DT and one less defensive back, and Nate Stanley is a head-scratcher, but we added plenty of depth on defense and the offensive line. Cleveland sounds like a stud and might be a Week 1 starter. Can't wait to see how all these guys turn out.

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d rather get a deal done with Griffin than pursue Kline.

Now that they don't have to worry about paying Williams, they might be able to pay both, even if Harris stays.  But, I don't think they dumped Kline with the idea they could re-sign him IF they didn't draft a guard.  I think they KNEW there really weren't any guards in this draft capable of starting day one, especially given the drastically cut pre-season/training camp/rookie camp situation.