2020 Minnesota Vikings Draft Class

RpMc

Who was your favorite draft pick from the weekend?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Draft Pick

• Justin Jefferson WR/LSU
    • Jeff Gladney CB/TCU
    • Ezra Cleveland T/Boise State
    • Cameron Dantzler DB/Mississippi State
    • DJ Wonnum EDGE/South Carolina
    • James Lynch DT/Baylor
    • Troy Dye LB/Oregon
    • Harrison Hand CB/Temple
    • KJ Osborn WR/Miami
    • Blake Brendel T/Oregon State
    • Josh Metellus S/Michigan
    • Kenny Willekes EDGE/Michigan State
    • Nate Stanley QB/Iowa
    • Brian Cole II S/Mississippi State
    • Kyle Hinton G/Washburn

Ezra Cleveland was a fine pick but favorite?  Nah James Lynch is a beast and is super exciting to get a potential pass rushing DT which is something they have not had for awhile.  Hell he could play DE also no doubt about it.  

Overall though they did a good job and got a lot of variety and hit all the team needs.  Even a backup QB at least that many can kick Mannion out of here once and for all.  

Pretty impressive, almost have a starting defensive unit with all the dudes they drafted outside of LB.  Dye could be a stud and love the effort of most of the guys they got.  Freaking awesome overall on that side of the football.  

DE Wonnum
DT Lynch
DE Willekes

LB Dye

CB Gladney
CB Dantzler
S Hand/ Metellus
S Cole

• Like 3

23 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I think they need to give Kline a call.

Best case Cleveland is ready and beats out Reiff.

Cleveland/Kline/Bradbury/Samia/O’Neill

Yep yep. It would be great if Cleveland beat out Reiff.

I am still uneasy about Samia. I have seen no indication that the Vikings expect Samia to be able to beat out Dozier. I have seen some fans suggesting it will happen but it is hard to expect it to happen off of wishful thinking. Without doubt, it would be nice if Samia is able to show he belongs in the NFL as a starter. I don't know that he has a better shot of earning a starting NFL job than Udoh.

It will be interesting to see where the team has them practicing if, you know, the team is allowed to practice this summer.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think they are expecting Samia to start at RG. 

What makes you think they are expecting Samia to start? I think he would be showing good progressing if they are comfortable activating him as a backup this year. Expecting him to start would be expecting too much progress too quickly IMO -- seemingly somewhat unreasonable expectations.

What am I missing? What have you seen that makes you think they would be expecting Samia to start?

33 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I think they need to give Kline a call.

Best case Cleveland is ready and beats out Reiff.

Cleveland/Kline/Bradbury/Samia/O’Neill

What?  Kline a call?  They got rid of him and I doubt they bring him back.  

Cleveland I think they will try at guard and Udoh they will try at guard.  Sure Reiff can maybe move to guards also but I doubt Cleveland beats Reiff out at LT but sure that would be great.  Udoh is totally going to be in play here at guard most likely and Kline I would be shocked if he is brought back.  Is odd they have so many tackles but if one considers Cleveland and Udoh a guard then that changes things.  Again they must have a lot of faith in Samia so will see.  

23 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

What makes you think they are expecting Samia to start? I think he would be showing good progressing if they are comfortable activating him as a backup this year. Expecting him to start would be expecting too much progress too quickly IMO -- seemingly somewhat unreasonable expectations.

What am I missing? What have you seen that makes you think they would be expecting Samia to start?

iirc, Zimmer in an interview expressed hopes that Samia would start this season.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ozzy said:
1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

What?  Kline a call?  They got rid of him and I doubt they bring him back.  

Yes. That would be my ideal line for 2020. Elflein should not be starting for this team.

As I said ideally Cleveland is ready and beats out Reiff. Maybe they try him at LG or maybe they just cut him. We’d have Hill and Udoh as backup tackles on the cheap.

I’d be curious about Udoh at OG as has been mentioned. Would be great if he could fit there. I was impressed with him in week 17.

Given the draft is now completed what is your ideal 2020 line as of tonight?

Just now, VikeManDan said:

Yes. That would be my ideal line for 2020. Elflein should not be starting for this team.

As I said ideally Cleveland is ready and beats out Reiff. Maybe they try him at LG or maybe they just cut him. We’d have Hill and Udoh as backup tackles on the cheap.

I’d be curious about Udoh at OG as has been mentioned. Would be great if he could fit there. I was impressed with him in week 17.

Given the draft is now completed what is your ideal 2020 line as of tonight?

Not sure one could say ideal, but I would love if Udoh can swing into OG to get him on the field.  Sure if Reiff can swing in and Cleveland can be the LT great but not sure Reiff could be a OG, Udoh has more power to make that more I think.  

LT Reiff/Cleveland
LG Udoh/Dozier
C Bradbury/Jones
LG Samia/ Elflein, Brandel
RT O'Neill/Hill

Brandel to me will be a OG so if Samia does not work maybe he can be given a chance, or even Cleveland might be able to play guard and provide a ton of athletic ability.  So ideally yeah Udoh or Cleveland are at OG even though yes Cleveland is arguably the 2nd best LT on the roster, mine you O'Neill if Reiff was gone would probably be the LT maybe even.

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

I thought I read something about them being pretty high in him going into next year. They also released the starter. Maybe they could go with Dozier but I don't see it. Hopefully he still has to earn the job.

It's not ideal but it doesn't hurt to give the drafted players a chance if they show enough