2020 Minnesota Vikings Draft Class

RpMc

Who was your favorite draft pick from the weekend?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Draft Pick

• Justin Jefferson WR/LSU
    • Jeff Gladney CB/TCU
    • Ezra Cleveland T/Boise State
    • Cameron Dantzler DB/Mississippi State
    • DJ Wonnum EDGE/South Carolina
    • James Lynch DT/Baylor
    • Troy Dye LB/Oregon
    • Harrison Hand CB/Temple
    • KJ Osborn WR/Miami
    • Blake Brendel T/Oregon State
    • Josh Metellus S/Michigan
    • Kenny Willekes EDGE/Michigan State
    • Nate Stanley QB/Iowa
    • Brian Cole II S/Mississippi State
    • Kyle Hinton G/Washburn

Just now, Purplepride323 said:

Yeah I just always thought if a TE is in the slot, that’s really a 3 WR set.

No you didn't.  

Last night you had Bisi Johnson at WR2 and Jefferson at WR3 in the slot, and you said Kubiak was brought in as OC to change the scheme because he "loves passing the ball" -- he used 3WRs 70% of the time in Denver with Peyton at QB.

Now you're saying Irv Smith in the slot is a WR, a RB "out wide" isn't a RB, they should use 11 personnel to spread out the defense for Cook because he's better in space but also Mattison is better with 11 personnel because he's a power running back. 

Not sure if you're trolling or genuinely this clueless, but you're making it up as you go along. 

Enough already, I'm done replying to you.

4 minutes ago, Krauser said:

No you didn't.  

Last night you had Bisi Johnson at WR2 and Jefferson at WR3 in the slot, and you said Kubiak was brought in as OC to change the scheme because he "loves passing the ball" -- he used 3WRs 70% of the time in Denver with Peyton at QB.

Now you're saying Irv Smith in the slot is a WR, a RB "out wide" isn't a RB, they should use 11 personnel to spread out the defense for Cook because he's better in space but also Mattison is better with 11 personnel because he's a power running back. 

Not sure if you're trolling or genuinely this clueless, but you're making it up as you go along. 

Enough already, I'm done replying to you.

Finally man just go away. You always nit-pick on what people say instead of trying to understand. Yeah, yesterday I said Jefferson should be in the slot. He should, that’s what he’s best at. Teams like being versatile and use different formations/sets all the time, especially the Vikings, but you probably think otherwise. I know...

As much as I love this current conversation, going to bring it back to this draft class. 

I think we’ll see an unprecedented number of rookies make the team. Vikings will have one of the youngest rosters in the league. One of metellus or Cole with make it, the others I see as practice squad are Hinton, brandel, other between Cole and metellus and Stanley. I think clarke and Davis make the team as UDFA

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

As much as I love this current conversation, going to bring it back to this draft class. 

I think we’ll see an unprecedented number of rookies make the team. Vikings will have one of the youngest rosters in the league. One of metellus or Cole with make it, the others I see as practice squad are Hinton, brandel, other between Cole and metellus and Stanley. I think clarke and Davis make the team as UDFA

I’ve seen the tape on Cole and he didn’t impress me at all. I don’t know what we’ll do with him but I think he might be better at LB than at safety. His coverage skills are pretty bad, and he looks lost most of the time. His tackling and blitzing skills are his best traits, so I think it’s best to convert him to OLB. I predict Hand and Metellus will make the team as the back-up safeties. Wish we drafted Kenny Robinson in the 5th round, but I guess you can’t win ‘em all. 

Edited by Purplepride323

4 hours ago, TENINCH said:

They need to release these retired numbers. Throw the player in the ROH but don't make their number off limits anymore.

I’ve always disliked the practice of retiring numbers. 

I can understand not giving #10 to a QB, but why not a WR? 53 on LB? 88 or 81 on a WR or TE? 70 on a OL? 

Honestly, if they aren’t going to retire jersey numbers anymore, which they’ve already said, then there’s no reason to have any numbers retired. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

I’ve seen the tape on Cole and he didn’t impress me at all. I don’t know what we’ll do with him but I think he might be better at LB than at safety. His coverage skills are pretty bad, and he looks lost most of the time. His tackling and blitzing skills are his best traits, so I think it’s best to convert him to OLB. I predict Hand and Metellus will make the team as the back-up safeties. Wish we drafted Kenny Robinson in the 5th round, but I guess you can’t win ‘em all. 

Cole is a converted wide receiver so he’s rough around the edges. But he has good ball skills and likes to get physical. But I agree, gun to my head I think metellus makes it over him and they try to keep Cole on the practice squad. 

also been pushing the hand to safety train; that’s a good fit there. 

but Willekes should make it. I like Stanley more than browning for a developmental qb. 

6 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Cole is a converted wide receiver so he’s rough around the edges. But he has good ball skills and likes to get physical. But I agree, gun to my head I think metellus makes it over him and they try to keep Cole on the practice squad. 

also been pushing the hand to safety train; that’s a good fit there. 

but Willekes should make it. I like Stanley more than browning for a developmental qb. 

Yeah I agree, Metellus and Cole are pretty much the same type of players, just Metellus is better. He’s pretty bad in coverage but at least he’s well seasoned and knows how to play the position better than Cole. We need a back-up safety that’s reliable in coverage because we saw how Kearse basically won us a game (even though that was holding, but the WR could’ve been called for interference as well so they let it go). Hand is good in coverage but he’s not the fastest guy so I think him at safety would be the best bet to take over the spot that Kearse left. 

Also Willekes looks like a steal in the 7th round. Some early mock drafts even had him as a first- second rounder. So the fact that we got him in the 7th shows great value. Dude’s a beast and I’ve seen a lot of plays where he just throws linemen around. Lol looks like an MMA fighter on the field. 

Edited by Purplepride323

14 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’ve always disliked the practice of retiring numbers. 

I can understand not giving #10 to a QB, but why not a WR? 53 on LB? 88 or 81 on a WR or TE? 70 on a OL? 

Honestly, if they aren’t going to retire jersey numbers anymore, which they’ve already said, then there’s no reason to have any numbers retired. 

None of them ever won a Super Bowl for Minnesota so imo they aren't worthy of having their number retired.

19 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

None of them ever won a Super Bowl for Minnesota so imo they aren't worthy of having their number retired.

Well, that's a fairly high standard.  I guess Korey Stringer shouldn't have his number retired then either, because he didn't win a Super Bowl before dying on the practice field.

Edited by swede700

Just now, swede700 said:

Well, that's a fairly high standard.  I guess Korey Stringer shouldn't have his number retired then either, because he didn't win a Super Bowl before dying on the practice field.

A nice memorial for Korey would have been better. Something for all the players to see at the training facility before walking out for training camp.

9 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

A nice memorial for Korey would have been better. Something for all the players to see at the training facility before walking out for training camp.

I agree that the retirement of numbers should be limited, but I have no problems really with any of the Vikings' retired numbers outside of Cris Carter's. That should have never happened.  However, with the death of any player in the act of performing in the capacity of playing the sport, no other player should ever wear that number on that team ever again.  The Vikings did it with Stringer and the North Stars did it with Masterton...the Timberwolves also did it with Malik Sealy, even though his wasn't in the capacity of playing the sport just because of the tragic nature of it.  But, beyond that, it should be reserved for truly legendary players.  As far as I'm concerned, Tarkenton and Page definitely are that, but debates can be had about Marshall and Tingelhoff, even though I think they have their own solid cases for it.  

But, if Kirk Cousins wins the Super Bowl for the Vikings, will you agree then that the #8 should be retired?  xD

Edited by swede700

16 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I agree that the retirement of numbers should be limited, but I have no problems really with any of the Vikings' retired numbers outside of Cris Carter's. That should have never happened.  However, with the death of any player in the act of performing in the capacity of playing the sport, no other player should ever wear that number on that team ever again.  The Vikings did it with Stringer and the North Stars did it with Masterton...the Timberwolves also did it with Malik Sealy, even though his wasn't in the capacity of playing the sport just because of the tragic nature of it.  But, beyond that, it should be reserved for truly legendary players.  As far as I'm concerned, Tarkenton and Page definitely are that, but debates can be had about Marshall and Tingelhoff, even though I think they have their own solid cases for it.  

But, if Kirk Cousins wins the Super Bowl for the Vikings, will you agree then that the #8 should be retired?  xD

If Kirk Cousins wins a Super Bowl his number should be retired. He should eat for free anywhere in Minnesota. His favorite bible verse should be printed on the side of US Bank. His children should received a free ride to University of Minnesota.

• Like 3