2020 Minnesota Vikings Draft Class

RpMc

Who was your favorite draft pick from the weekend?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Draft Pick

• Justin Jefferson WR/LSU
    • Jeff Gladney CB/TCU
    • Ezra Cleveland T/Boise State
    • Cameron Dantzler DB/Mississippi State
    • DJ Wonnum EDGE/South Carolina
    • James Lynch DT/Baylor
    • Troy Dye LB/Oregon
    • Harrison Hand CB/Temple
    • KJ Osborn WR/Miami
    • Blake Brendel T/Oregon State
    • Josh Metellus S/Michigan
    • Kenny Willekes EDGE/Michigan State
    • Nate Stanley QB/Iowa
    • Brian Cole II S/Mississippi State
    • Kyle Hinton G/Washburn

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

So, they picked a guy in round 2 they don't expect to start? I'm not sure I get this......but then, I've never understood their approach to the OL.....

Seems like a good draft, though I didn't pay attn to the players at all this year. But, I like the positions (though I would have preferred DL in round 1, not WR). 

I think he’ll start midway through the season. Kind of like we did with O’Neill, which turned out great. But you never know, if Reiff has a solid year I don’t mind red- shirting him for the year. Either way, I think this is Reiff’s last year. Especially since we need to give Dalvin that big extension. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

No. Running backs aren’t worth big contracts. 

Dude Dalvin is a top 5 RB, we’re a run-heavy team and he’s great in the passing game. We better give him that extension. You don’t think a skill position player is worth a big extension? I don’t get that ideology. It’s called skill position for a reason. These guys are the most important players, they need to be paid. 

1 minute ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Best not derail this thread, but I agree with ol Danny

Might as well derail this whole forum if y’all don’t think Dalvin Cook should be re-signed. Not re-signing a MVP type player before he’s even hit his prime is just idiotic. With all due respect, it’s just dumb. Luckily I think Spielman is smarter than that and he’ll get the deal done. 

6 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

Might as well derail this whole forum if y’all don’t think Dalvin Cook should be re-signed. Not re-signing a MVP type player before he’s even hit his prime is just idiotic. With all due respect, it’s just dumb. Luckily I think Spielman is smarter than that and he’ll get the deal done. 

That's what Rams fans were probably saying about Gurley too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

So, they picked a guy in round 2 they don't expect to start? I'm not sure I get this......but then, I've never understood their approach to the OL.....

Seems like a good draft, though I didn't pay attn to the players at all this year. But, I like the positions (though I would have preferred DL in round 1, not WR). 

They didn't expect O'Neal to start right away either and that's worked out pretty well so far

19 minutes ago, Klomp said:

That's what Rams fans were probably saying about Gurley too

I don’t know what they were saying about Gurley but you re-sign your best players. Teams that don’t do that, end up being laughing stocks of the league. We are not that team. We gave AD an extension and he was a running who was injury prone. You know why we did that? Because he was special. You don’t let special players get away. Gurley has a degenerate knee, thankfully Dalvin doesn’t have those medical problems. You can’t compare those two at this point. 

Edited by Purplepride323