Demps out indefinitely w/ broken arm

Chronickerr

I guess the training staff is responsible for this one too huh?

Honestly he's not the worst guy who could've got injured.  Like Windy has said, Demps has been unimpressive so far early into his Bears career and was mostly responsible for Austin Hooper's 88 yard touchdown in week 1.

Hopefully one of the younger lads like Amos or Bush can take advantage.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm glad Amos is finally going to get a chance to play his proper position...SS is a much better fit for him.

The safeties are interchangeable in Fangio's scheme... but if he decides to flip that and keep Amos closer to the LOS and Jackson deep, I can live with that.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

The safeties are interchangeable in Fangio's scheme... but if he decides to flip that and keep Amos closer to the LOS and Jackson deep, I can live with that.

Probably the way it should be. Eddie needs to play FS. I'm glad we have Amos as a quality backup.

4 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Probably the way it should be. Eddie needs to play FS. I'm glad we have Amos as a quality backup.

It kind of tips our hand though, I like keeping both of them back there so the QB can't get a definite read on what we're doing.

3 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Well the reports are that Kenny Vaccaro is on the trade block.  The Bears NEVER make mid-season trades it seems, but that would be an interesting add I think.

Interesting maybe, but IDK what the value would be. We have cap space for next year to spare but we really need to commit to giving him an extension after the trade. It is a risk to do that when he has been a good run defender but average in pass coverage. Maybe they could negotiate prior to a deal and make it incentive laden?

8 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Just because some injuries can be attributed to the training staff does not mean ALL injuries are attributed to the training staff Topwop...  Jeeze, with you and Ironmike, things are so black and white.  For you its the training staff, for him its the future HOF'er Tanner Gentry.

There's definite overreaction to the training staff thing. A player could stub his toe on a Tuesday morning and Bears fans would be like "WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS TRAINING STAFF?!"

And if you think I'll ever stop ripping fans when they talk about the WR6 more than the WR1 and 2, you're sorely mistaken. It's deserved, because it's ***-backwards logic.

1 hour ago, IronMike84 said:

There's definite overreaction to the training staff thing. A player could stub his toe on a Tuesday morning and Bears fans would be like "WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS TRAINING STAFF?!"

And if you think I'll ever stop ripping fans when they talk about the WR6 more than the WR1 and 2, you're sorely mistaken. It's deserved, because it's ***-backwards logic.

So you're combating their irrational overreaction with your own irrational overreaction? Sweet.

By the way, Gentry was ranked as the number 15 recruit in the state of Colorado by Rivals.com and 23rd in the state of Colorado by 247Sports.com. Also, Tanner is a Sagittarius. Just because I know you care...

18 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Just because some injuries can be attributed to the training staff does not mean ALL injuries are attributed to the training staff Topwop...  Jeeze, with you and Ironmike, things are so black and white.  For you its the training staff, for him its the future HOF'er Tanner Gentry.

I just can't stand the argument that the training staff is to blame to a certain extent when a player suffers a serious injury mid game.  It's been made several times on here and it is completely false, so I was just waiting for someone to mention the same thing about Demps.

Every player's body is different.  Football is one of the most physical sports that exist.  Injuries are part of the game.  

Archived