Demps out indefinitely w/ broken arm

Chronickerr

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

So you're combating their irrational overreaction with your own irrational overreaction? Sweet.

You guys know the more defensive you get, the more I'm going to give you crap about him, right?

Yeah, there's a serious component to this, in that I don't expect as much out of him as I think some of you guys do, and then there's another component where you guys get so damn bent out of shape whenever somebody questions him that it's hard to resist a little ribbing.

1 hour ago, IronMike84 said:

You guys know the more defensive you get, the more I'm going to give you crap about him, right?

Yeah, there's a serious component to this, in that I don't expect as much out of him as I think some of you guys do, and then there's another component where you guys get so damn bent out of shape whenever somebody questions him that it's hard to resist a little ribbing.

Lol you are completely missing the entirety of Shugashane's point.  I didn't see a single person on here say anything more of an endorsement of Tanner Gentry than something along the lines of "Hey, Tanner Gentry is playing pretty well, I like him.  I'm pulling for him and considering the Team's WR depth problems, I hope he makes it".

But you read that as "OMG LOL LOOK AT THIS FUTURE GOD EMPEROR TANNER GENTRY, HE"S GONNA BE THE NEXT BEST THING, WATCH OUT ODELL"

No one  has been overreacting about things except you.  No one has had larger expectations than "hey maybe he could be good, that would be neat."

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I just can't stand the argument that the training staff is to blame to a certain extent when a player suffers a serious injury mid game.  It's been made several times on here and it is completely false, so I was just waiting for someone to mention the same thing about Demps.

Every player's body is different.  Football is one of the most physical sports that exist.  Injuries are part of the game.  

As I stated, SOME injuries can be chalked up to training.  It is physiological fact that muscle tears, ligament strains and tears, etc can be brought out with improper training.  I have a partial patellar tendon because when I was lifting more consistently, my quadriceps were much much stronger than my hamstrings, causing strain on the tendon.  That itself didn't cause the damage, but I hurt myself once on accident and caused much more damage because of it.

Obviously broken bones are broken bones, and very hard to attribute to training staff, but it is absolutely indisputable that muscle composition and conditioning can contribute to how injury prone a player is.  At some point, the consistency of injuries that teams like the Bears and Packers see can not be chalked up solely to bad luck.

40 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Lol you are completely missing the entirety of Shugashane's point.  I didn't see a single person on here say anything more of an endorsement of Tanner Gentry than something along the lines of "Hey, Tanner Gentry is playing pretty well, I like him.  I'm pulling for him and considering the Team's WR depth problems, I hope he makes it".

But you read that as "OMG LOL LOOK AT THIS FUTURE GOD EMPEROR TANNER GENTRY, HE"S GONNA BE THE NEXT BEST THING, WATCH OUT ODELL"

No one  has been overreacting about things except you.  No one has had larger expectations than "hey maybe he could be good, that would be neat."

I disagree.

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

As I stated, SOME injuries can be chalked up to training.  It is physiological fact that muscle tears, ligament strains and tears, etc can be brought out with improper training.  I have a partial patellar tendon because when I was lifting more consistently, my quadriceps were much much stronger than my hamstrings, causing strain on the tendon.  That itself didn't cause the damage, but I hurt myself once on accident and caused much more damage because of it.

Obviously broken bones are broken bones, and very hard to attribute to training staff, but it is absolutely indisputable that muscle composition and conditioning can contribute to how injury prone a player is.  At some point, the consistency of injuries that teams like the Bears and Packers see can not be chalked up solely to bad luck.

I'm not disputing that fact,  I just disagree that the training staff is majorly responsible when it comes to these things.  Each player is uniquely composed and takes care of their body differently regardless of how well their training regiment may be.

For instance, looking back at Bears safety Mike Brown, he was consistently injured during his time with the team but you couldn't say the same for most of his defensive teammates in Lach, Briggs, Peanut, Brown, Wale, etc.  What gives?  He just had some unfortunate luck with those injuries and his body didn't react as well to the rigors of the game as some other players.  You can't directly say it's anybody's fault.

Just now, topwop1 said:

I'm not disputing that fact,  I just disagree that the training staff is majorly responsible when it comes to these things.  Each player is uniquely composed and takes care of their body differently regardless of how well their training regiment may be.

For instance, looking back at Bears safety Mike Brown, he was consistently injured during his time with the team but you couldn't say the same for most of his defensive teammates in Lach, Briggs, Peanut, Brown, Wale, etc.  What gives?  He just had some unfortunate luck with those injuries and his body didn't react as well to the rigors of the game as some other players.  You can't directly say it's anybody's fault.

The problem with your argument is you are asking why ONE player is getting injured constantly.  The difference is the Bears have multiple people who are constantly getting hurt but I don't think any single player on this team is worth being known as "Injury Prone" apart from Kevin White, obviously.  We have a lot of players getting hurt, consistently across the board.  Thats where the red flags come in.  Obviously the training staff isn't 100% responsible, but it does not seem like they've made any changes to help keep these players from being hurt because the consistency is scary.

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

The problem with your argument is you are asking why ONE player is getting injured constantly.  The difference is the Bears have multiple people who are constantly getting hurt but I don't think any single player on this team is worth being known as "Injury Prone" apart from Kevin White, obviously.  We have a lot of players getting hurt, consistently across the board.  Thats where the red flags come in.  Obviously the training staff isn't 100% responsible, but it does not seem like they've made any changes to help keep these players from being hurt because the consistency is scary.

Who besides White has been consistently hurt every year since Fox arrived?  

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Who besides White has been consistently hurt every year since Fox arrived?  

Thats literally exactly what I'm saying.  Not any one single specific player has been hurt consistently.  The entire team has been, constantly, with an alarming consistency, even if the actual player has not been consistent.  That lends more credence to the idea that the training staff may not be doing the best job and conditioning players.  You cannot deny that injuries have been ridiculous since Fox got hired.

20 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Thats literally exactly what I'm saying.  Not any one single specific player has been hurt consistently.  The entire team has been, constantly, with an alarming consistency, even if the actual player has not been consistent.  That lends more credence to the idea that the training staff may not be doing the best job and conditioning players.  You cannot deny that injuries have been ridiculous since Fox got hired.

If I were to follow your argument then I would suggest that maybe then it has to do with Fox and how hard he runs his practices?  After all he is an old school type of coach who likes to play power football.  I still don't see the connection between weight room training/conditioning and contact injuries...

6 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

You're grouping me in with people freaking out about Gentry? Wrong there. Lol.

Idc about him, and have said several times I hope he develops into a depth player. I just know we have Bellamy and others who have little to no time in Chicago as receivers, since they suck. I'd rather take a swing with him over Bellamy or Cruz, but he isn't someone you alter your FA or draft plans in any way. Im not putting my chips all in on an undrafted rookie, but I won't discount them entirely due to players like Meredith developing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 12:47 PM, topwop1 said:

If I were to follow your argument then I would suggest that maybe then it has to do with Fox and how hard he runs his practices?  After all he is an old school type of coach who likes to play power football.  I still don't see the connection between weight room training/conditioning and contact injuries...

What about Willie young tearing his triceps? Bears have lost more starters to injury since 2015 than any other team according to durkin.

Archived