UDFA Thread

beardown3231

7 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Those are pretty good athletic traits, decent arms for 5'11.  But he's an extreme longshot

That’s probably an understatement too. His athletic traits would be great if he were 6’3” and 250+. He’s not. At 5’11” 230 his NFL ceiling is probably as a career ST player who’s always fighting for a roster spot. 

• Like 1

Ahead of rookie minicamp, the Bears announced the signings of 22 undrafted rookie free agents.

• Daryle Banfield, DL (Brown)
  • John Baron II, K (San Diego State)
  • Alex Bars, OL (Notre Dame)
  • Matt Betts, LB (Laval)
  • Blake Blackmar, OL (Baylor)
  • Ian Bunting, TE (California)
  • Jomon Dotson, DB (Nevada)
  • Clifton Duck, DB (Appalachian State)
  • Emanuel Hall, WR (Missouri)
  • Jonathan Harris, DL (Lindenwood)
  • Chuck Harris, LB (Buffalo)
  • Thomas Ives, WR (Colgate)
  • Doyin Jibowu, DB (Fort Hays State)
  • Joe Lowery, OL (Ohio)
  • Lawrence Marshall, DE (Michigan)
  • Sam Mustipher, OL (Notre Dame)
  • Adarius Pickett, DB (UCLA)
  • Dax Raymond, TE (Utah State)
  • Ellis Richardson, TE (Georgia Southern)
  • Josh Simmons, DB (Limestone)
  • Marquez Tucker, OL (Southern Utah)
  • John Wirtel, LS (Kansas)

I remember a lot of people were super pumped about Dax Raymond who was just cut.   Fascinated by Bars.  I was pumped about Emanuel Hall and really defended him.  Horstead isn't even on this list.

FWIW here's a highlight video of Mack Jr.  I've seen him listed at 6'1"/243lbs but unless he's added some weight since seasons end and grown and inch or two my guess is 6' even is stretching it and he looks more like 230lbs than 240lbs.  More Roquan Smith size.

But.....watch the video.  He plays fast and with just as much intensity as Kahlil.  Big hitter, sure tackler, good in pursuit.  He's very raw and inexperienced but he's athletic and he has some basic tools to work with.  But it seem to me on this team his best position would be at ILB and as a ST ace.  He can blitz like Smith and Kwiatkoski could.  Let's see if he sticks around on the PS.

4 minutes ago, soulman said:

FWIW here's a highlight video of Mack Jr.  I've seen him listed at 6'1"/243lbs but unless he's added some weight since seasons end and grown and inch or two my guess is 6' even is stretching it and he looks more like 230lbs than 240lbs.  More Roquan Smith size.

But.....watch the video.  He plays fast and with just as much intensity as Kahlil.  Big hitter, sure tackler, good in pursuit.  He's very raw and inexperienced but he's athletic and he has some basic tools to work with.  But it seem to me on this team his best position would be at ILB and as a ST ace.  He can blitz like Smith and Kwiatkoski could.  Let's see if he sticks around on the PS.

Why do they put such awful music to these things?

LOL he aint 6'