UDFA showcase showdown 2020 (MNF)

FinneasGage

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

TE and WR are going to take a hit. You can call them H-back if you'd like but it's fullback. WE fricking drafted a fullback in the 3rd round of the 2020 NFL draft. 

You can't run the pro version of the veer or wishbone without them !

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh hell yeah. My favorite signing I've seen thus far.

Saw this write up on him on a pre-combine "sleeper" list:

1. Krys Barnes, LB, UCLA

Height: 6'2" Weight: 235lbs. Projected Arm length: 32" Projected hand size: 9.75" Projected 40: 4.6-4.7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFuocbKfxRg

Pros: Krys is consistent. He's fast, has good instincts and a good nose for the football and is consistently good. In 2018 Barnes had 85 tackles, 10 for a loss, 1 sack, 1 INT and 6 pass deflections. In 2019, he had 72 tackles, 9.5 for a loss, 4 sacks, 1 INT, 7 deflections and 1 forced fumble. Barnes is productive. He's fast and an efficient tackler. He constantly puts himself in position to make plays. He's also a good pass defender. Krys was also listed on the third team (third place) on the PFF All-Pac-12 team. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

Cons: As you probably noticed from the weight, Barnes is undersized for the NFL level. The immediate concern then becomes, if he adds muscle mass/weight, how will that impact his speed? He's also considered a jack of all trades, master of none. He's good at rushing the passer, good at coverage, good at run defense but not excellent at any. It will be interesting to see how his skill set translates at the NFL level.

Summary: Barnes is an intriguing prospect. He reminds me of Fred Warner coming out of college. He just is always wherever the ball is. While not the fastest, strongest or best LB in the draft, he has the ability and technique to be an every down backer in the NFL. Barnes is all over the place on boards, as high as 5th and as low as undrafted. He would be worthy of a 6th rounder.

• Like 2

Marc-Antoine Dequoy | Safety | Montreal 

62160312_11568946369d4d-fff0-4c12-a187-b

Marc-Antoine-Dequoy-RAS-19173.png?resize

very little info on this guy, but he loves running fast and speaking french. he was apparently sick when he posted those pro day numbers. he's also gonna be 26 when the season starts pretty much. hard to have an opinion on him as there's no footage of him that i could find in the 45 seconds i looked. just seems like a freak athlete. like giving this guy a chance. 

• Like 1

Zack Johnson | Guard | North Dakota State

9743747.png?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs

There's two zack johnson's that look very similar that played guard at NDSU in the past three years. This is the correct zack johnson fwiw. Big boy at 6'6 315. 

Just quickly peeped his game reps from the NFLPA bowl game and he looked solid in the 2 minutes i saw. Active and didn't get embarrassed. Looks for work. I think he's a solid guy to let compete. With the amount of guards we already got competing for spots this guy has at a best a chance to stick on the practice squad imo

https://twitter.com/big_zack19

Edited by FinneasGage
  • Like 1

Stanford Samuels | CB | Florida State

rtcermie_400x400.jpg

Nice frame at 6'1 with pretty long arms. Ran a 4.65 at the combine. A guy some people were expecting to get drafted. 8 picks in 3 years at FSU. Allowed like 50% catch rate last year. Seemed frustrated in a couple interviews I quickly peeped. 

FSU fans say he's awful. 

An undrafted corner could very well make the squad, but I doubt this is the guy to do it.

• Like 1