Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, just coach speak. MVS being anything more than he was last year is all on him. How hard is he working on his craft to learn the nuances of being an NFL WR? It's all up to him at this point. 

It's not like athletes haven't been pushed to be better than they have been by coaches and other players. It just felt like oh we're counting on him now so we'll yell at him and everything will work out

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

They won't spend a 1st on him .. it's safe to say they don't value that position in round one.

I don’t think we know that for sure. They probably thought that after Jefferson was picked , there wasn’t value taking a remaining WR in the first round. That or the value of Love was too good to pass up .

2 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

If Devonta Smith enters the Supplemental draft, will the Packers take him?

I thought these players aren't going to be eligible. Does their status in the NCAA not have to change in order for them to be eligible for the Supplemental Draft? I suppose they could just drop all of their courses? I'm not sure how it works, but I know players can't just change their mind after the draft and enter the supplemental one

If he were somehow eligible no doubt he will have a ton of round 2 claims on him, and doubt we would get him

Edited by JBURGE

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I thought these players aren't going to be eligible. Does their status in the NCAA not have to change in order for them to be eligible for the Supplemental Draft? I suppose they could just drop all of their courses? I'm not sure how it works, but I know players can't just change their mind after the draft and enter the supplemental one

If he were somehow eligible no doubt he will have a ton of round 2 claims on him, and doubt we would get him

If I play ball in Cali I'm declaring right now and hiring a lawyer if the NCAA says I can't. Not offering football to play should be grounds for kids who are eligible to declare without dropping out of school or doing other activities to become ineligible.

• Like 1

Going back and watching some MVS on tape in the second half of the season, and I'm baffled.  The fact that they gave as many snaps as they did to Kumerow/Allison tells me that MVS must have really been in the doghouse, because he still pops on tape.  Like, there's no clear and obvious reason he's not getting almost all the snaps.  I don't know what the issue was in house, but benching him was not the right call.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Is it bad to act like MVS is a useful player? 

But you included Rodgers as part of the problem, which means if you were Outpost or AG 500x people would be crying for them to be banned for that comment. Including Rodgers means you think he's 100% the issue. Learn the rules of FF

Edited by Norm

I honestly think that MVS is just a poor fit for this particular offensive scheme. Sure, he had that great first half of the season, but a lot of that had to do with the Adams' slow first half of the season, mainly due to that injury. He fell off a cliff after Week 7.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

I honestly think that MVS is just a poor fit for this particular offensive scheme. Sure, he had that great first half of the season, but a lot of that had to do with the Adams' slow first half of the season, mainly due to that injury. He fell off a cliff after Week 7.

Why is he? Not facetious. Just asking

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's not the blocker you would want in there if you were drawing up your perfect target, but he's got vertical skills you need.

Okay that was what I figured. Doesn't the speed offset the blocking ability? If it was me, I'd love that deep speed with a heavier run offense. Yeah maybe you don't want him blocking out there every first down or whatnot. But I don't feel like he's square peg. There's not a long list of guys all who are plus run blocking WRs who run 4.3 or anything.

I'd rather than that body than another guy who can block who has no legs. I guess is what I'm getting at.

Edited by Norm

59 minutes ago, Joe said:

Could have been partially injury related.  Who knows.

But Lazard clearly had the trust of Rodgers when Rodgers asked that he get a chance, maybe it was the Philly game.

As far as getting more snaps?  Maybe another factor was run blocking.  And I only say that because Kumerow and Lazard were amazing run blockers.  Many times Kumerow stuck his nose in there as a lead blocker.  Guess I don't know if MVS is much of a run blocker or not.  But Kumerow and Lazard were very good at it.