Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

Rodgers talked about all the young WRs, throwing around a little fluff for everybody
But I do want to call your attention to this one:

"Rodgers is looking forward to St. Brown getting back on the field and seeing what he can do in the all-important Year 3."

“I’m excited about getting EQ back from injury and seeing how he feels,” Rodgers said. “He made some great strides his rookie year, especially towards the end of the season, making plays for us and just kind of growing each week. he’s got a great approach to the game. It’ll be fun to see him healthy."

Do you notice how QB1 calls him EQ and not ESB ?
He's EQ. He's uniQue.

ESB is how an engineer would name him, B-O-R-I-N-G and its 180 degrees off base from who this guy is.
He's EQ and its time all of you lame - *** "ESBs" get with the program.... or yer gonna hear about from me

EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ

1166907968-850x560.jpeg

1074693362.jpeg

He speaks 4 languages. BFD. Why does that matter for a football player ?
Because his ability to learn new languages bodes well for learning an NFL offense

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

He's EQ. He's uniQue.

ESB is how an engineer would name him, B-O-R-I-N-G and its 180 degrees off base from who this guy is.
He's EQ and its time all of you lame - *** "ESBs" get with the program.... or yer gonna hear about from me

Pshaw. Would you call Marquez Valdes-Scantling MA ? Of course not. They both came into the Packers at the same time and were MVS and ESB, a very neat synchronicity. As long as they are both on the team, they will be MVS and ESB to me.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Rodgers talked about all the young WRs, throwing around a little fluff for everybody
But I do want to call your attention to this one:

"Rodgers is looking forward to St. Brown getting back on the field and seeing what he can do in the all-important Year 3."

“I’m excited about getting EQ back from injury and seeing how he feels,” Rodgers said. “He made some great strides his rookie year, especially towards the end of the season, making plays for us and just kind of growing each week. he’s got a great approach to the game. It’ll be fun to see him healthy."

He's EQ. He's uniQue.

1166907968-850x560.jpeg

1074693362.jpeg

Because his ability to learn new languages bodes well for learning an NFL offense

I'm an engineer, so ESB he is!

20 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

“I’m excited about getting EQ back from injury and seeing how he feels,” Rodgers said. “He made some great strides his rookie year, especially towards the end of the season, making plays for us and just kind of growing each week. he’s got a great approach to the game. It’ll be fun to see him healthy."...

Thanks, Shane.  I like the quote.  The "great approach to the game" was the phrase that stuck out to me. 

Aaron is often faulted for being overly Adams-oriented, not using all his guys, not throwing to open receivers,  not trusting young receives, etc.  I think "great approach to the game" might be an encouraging reflection that Aaron might respect EQ, and might in time perhaps respect him enough to throw the ball to him sometimes. 

In my view EQ has very good hands, and good body control and coordination.  So *if* Rodgers trusts his approach and preparation, respects his football intelligence, and comes to trust his hands as well, he might become a player Rodgers would be willing to throw the ball too. 

Obviously three contrary things work against him getting many targets: 1.  He's got no quickness, shiftyness, or stop-and-go, so he's going to be easy to cover.  So, he'll kinda need to mostly get schemed open, it's not like he's going to be getting open a lot just straight one-on-one.  2.  My sense is that he's better suited to using the middle of the field rather than just the boundaries.  And we know Rodgers doesn't like to use the middle a lot.  3. Rodgers doesn't like contested throws, nor high-ball throws to take advantage of height.  4.  Maybe a 4th is that he's going to be working from the back of the roster, so the opportunity to get any snaps other than as a run-blocker will be low.  And it's hard to get many targets when you're a 5th option on a play.    

On 5/17/2020 at 11:45 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

Pshaw. Would you call Marquez Valdes-Scantling MA ? Of course not. They both came into the Packers at the same time and were MVS and ESB, a very neat synchronicity. As long as they are both on the team, they will be MVS and ESB to me.

MQ

On 5/17/2020 at 12:31 PM, Shanedorf said:

¡Aprender nuevos idiomas está sobrevalorado!

Pero, te garantizo que EQ es una excepción. 

Edited by Uffdaswede