Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Ton tonton tond ton thon

Si no lo convivare, no lo tintinare.

edit: lol

I had always understood this to be latin for “If you don’t swing, don’t ring.” I bought a brass plate with this inscription for some friends who lived in an infamous party house on State Street in Madison back in the 70s. Google translator is so not hip to this.

Equanimeous St. Brown would have gotten the joke. 

Edited by Uffdaswede

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Ton tonton tond ton thon

I’d be curious to know how “If your uncle shaves your uncle, your uncle will shave your uncle,” has anything to do with Equanimeous St. Brown’s predisposition for learning offensive football nomenclature.

Sorry. I’ve been drinking a lot, and uncle suddenly strikes me as a hilarious word. Like Ron should be offended. “What did you call me?”

”Uncle Ron.”

On 5/17/2020 at 2:40 PM, IBleedGreen&Gold said:

I am somewhat intrigued by Reggie Begelton. It will be interesting to see how he does in TC. Has a history of YAC.

Last season in Calgary he played in 17 games with 149 receptions, 2236 yards and 12 TDs.  Of course he'll be up against better DBs in the NFL but it will be fun to see how he fares with us.  

10 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I’d be curious to know how “If your uncle shaves your uncle, your uncle will shave your uncle,” has anything to do with Equanimeous St. Brown’s predisposition for learning offensive football nomenclature.

Sorry. I’ve been drinking a lot, and uncle suddenly strikes me as a hilarious word. Like Ron should be offended. “What did you call me?”

”Uncle Ron.”

it's the best when random words suddenly become hilarious. That just happened to me the other day with a word I can't remember now ha.

from The Athletic

Begelton played in more games in 2019 (17) than in 2017 and ‘18 combined (16). With imposing speed and the hands to match, he finished second in the league with 102 catches, third with 1,444 receiving yards and tied for third with 10 touchdown catches. He was unanimously named Calgary’s team MVP and a CFL All-Star.

“You could kind of sense he felt it was a make or break year,” Stampeders head coach Dave Dickenson said.

Finally, after enduring tragedy, denial, depression, injury and seemingly every reason to give up football for good, Begelton was about to get his shot.

Said Dickenson: “He doesn’t take no for an answer well.”

USATSI_13359716-1-scaled-e1589839307398-

Begelton tried out for seven NFL teams over two weeks in December 2019. None signed him.

One tryout remained on New Year’s Eve in Green Bay.

“I went through all these workouts and I’m not getting any real positive feedback and I’m kind of panicking,” Begelton said. “I’m finally getting this opportunity and I’m not getting what I wanna hear, so you can only imagine what’s going through my head at this point that I’m heading to the Packers.”

The retirement, the return, the injuries, the resurgence: it boiled down to one day.

And he killed it.

“In my eyes, I had the best workout I could’ve ever had,” Begelton said. “The Packers straight up told me, ‘We love you and we’re gonna sign you.’

“As far as Reggie Begelton goes, he had a tremendous amount of production in the CFL last year,” Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst said. “We were able to bring him in, work him out and he just kind of fits a lot of the things we’re looking for.”

18 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I've refused to get even the least bit excited about Begelton.  The odds are pretty long on him even making the team let alone becoming a serious contributor.

How long is the list of CFL success stories who became significant NFL success stories? I can think of one name. And that dude is older than me. Which is saying something.

23 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

How long is the list of CFL success stories who became significant NFL success stories? I can think of one name. And that dude is older than me. Which is saying something.

off field issues aside, Brandon Browner was pretty good.

25 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Warren Moon
Doug Flutie

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

After I posed the question I took a look. A lot of the names were players that played in the CFL after they played in the NFL. That 

I honestly didn't know about Theisman. I was thinking Warren Moon. I loved Flutie in the Dr. Pepper commercial where he asked for a T-shirt. Guy says, "All I've got is a boy's medium." Flutie says, "That'll work."