Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

20 minutes ago, Beast said:

It's easy to not ask about anyone, when they don't do anything that gets noticed.

I love how all you guys act like you were at every TC practice that year and you know that he did zero bc the other reporters were all too busy drooling at Kumerow to care about anyone else.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 1:41 PM, Beast said:

I'm not judging him on one preseason game, I'm judging him in all the 2019 preseason games, where he did slightly more than nothing. And Gute talked about when the light go on in games where he's looking for people to step up and show what they got, and St. Brown fell on his face.

This is the preseason where they overhype everything, where (some) Vikings fans (that I know) think this is their year to win the Super Bowl, due to the hype... and Rodgers is hyping WRs left and right, but they had nothing of St. Brown to hype other than "he’s been very consistent" and that's what we're supposed to be saying about the less talented players like Kumerow, whom just somehow stick around and don't make many plays.

St. Brown is clearly more talented than Kumerow, but Kumerow somehow clearly out played him in the preseason games.

I look forward to St. Brown breaking out, as he's got tons of potential, but he can't have too many of those preseason where he completely disappears.

I'm just saying the guy needs to step it up from last year... that isn't going to cut it. I'm still hoping it was simply he was struggling to learn the new system and playing slower because of it, and he now knows the system and will break out with ease.

I think perhaps you're basing too much on what happened in preseason games. 

28 minutes ago, Norm said:

I love how all you guys act like you were at every TC practice that year and you know that he did zero bc the other reporters were all too busy drooling at Kumerow to care about anyone else.

Well, I was at 5, and EQ told me that I have the biggest arms on the message board, and that you have a stupid haircut and are a poop head.  Also Kumerow caught all passes one handed and dunked on Tramon 3 times.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Well, I was at 5, and EQ told me that I have the biggest arms on the message board, and that you have a stupid haircut and are a poop head.  Also Kumerow caught all passes one handed and dunked on Tramon 3 times.  

Most believable take so far

• Like 2

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/20/packers-camp-notes-equanimeous-st-brown-produces-really-nice-camp/

“Almost quietly, I think EQ has had a really nice camp,” Rodgers said Monday. “I think he’s been very consistent. We haven’t talked about him a lot, which, in this case, is actually a positive. It’s almost like, ‘Yeah, well, he’s on the squad.’ He’s been that good. It’s almost been an understated, really solid camp for him.”

Rodgers puts great emphasis on his receivers being where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be all the time. So while "very consistent" might seem a bland comment to some,coming from Rodgers it's actually high praise.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think perhaps you're basing too much on what happened in preseason games. 

That's very possible, though the last two Packers GM have stated they put a lot of emphasis into the preseason games, to see whom can handle the bright lights and actual game settings.

And it's the best most of us fans have to go off on. And I don't understand what is so hard for some to admit, he clearly had one poor preseason, as minimum in the preseason game... and that he really didn't make any plays that made people talk in the practices that were open to the public.

If it wasn't for his great potential, it would of been an easy no brainier he's gone. WR Moore showed more in preseason, and too often Moore couldn't seem to catch to save his life, yet he did more as far as we could tell.

He still has outstanding potential, but he sure as hell didn't show it last preseason. I assume learning a new playbook slowed him down, and hopefully the knows it and can out play other WRs like his potential suggest he should.

51 minutes ago, Norm said:

Actually no, this Kumerow is the only one that got love from the media is a BS excuse for reality... as it wasn't just the media, it was Aaron Rodgers too, and it wasn't just Kumerow, it was also MVS, Kumerow, Lazard, Sherperd, Davis and Two Redding (who?) Redding name was getting dropped by Rodgers as making plays... 

But yes continue to rewrite history any the media and let's suggest the media only covered Kumerow, and that it's only because he's white (like someone else earlier suggested), when the reality is the media and Rodgers mentioned lots of WRs that were making plays, St. Brown's name just rarely came up... 

I'm sure that's because they're all in some conspiracy theory against him, and not because he wasn't playing up to his potential.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/packers-camp-notes-aaron-rodgers-impressed-with-receiver-competition-early/ar-AAFcgqf

I think that low key EQs injury hurt the offense the most. While it’s true that he didn’t do much to distinguish himself during training camp, I don’t doubt that he would’ve taken the #2 spot throughout the season. Just replacing all of Allison’s targets with EQ would’ve done wonders for our offensive efficiency last year.

35 minutes ago, Beast said:

That's very possible, though the last two Packers GM have stated they put a lot of emphasis into the preseason games, to see whom can handle the bright lights and actual game settings.

And it's the best most of us fans have to go off on. And I don't understand what is so hard for some to admit, he clearly had one poor preseason, as minimum in the preseason game... and that he really didn't make any plays that made people talk in the practices that were open to the public.

If it wasn't for his great potential, it would of been an easy no brainier he's gone. WR Moore showed more in preseason, and too often Moore couldn't seem to catch to save his life, yet he did more as far as we could tell.

He still has outstanding potential, but he sure as hell didn't show it last preseason. I assume learning a new playbook slowed him down, and hopefully the knows it and can out play other WRs like his potential suggest he should.

Actually no, this Kumerow is the only one that got love from the media is a BS excuse for reality... as it wasn't just the media, it was Aaron Rodgers too, and it wasn't just Kumerow, it was also MVS, Kumerow, Lazard, Sherperd, Davis and Two Redding (who?) Redding name was getting dropped by Rodgers as making plays... 

But yes continue to rewrite history any the media and let's suggest the media only covered Kumerow, and that it's only because he's white (like someone else earlier suggested), when the reality is the media and Rodgers mentioned lots of WRs that were making plays, St. Brown's name just rarely came up... 

I'm sure that's because they're all in some conspiracy theory against him, and not because he wasn't playing up to his potential.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/packers-camp-notes-aaron-rodgers-impressed-with-receiver-competition-early/ar-AAFcgqf

I'm sorry but you act like every week they trot Rodgers out there, ask him nothing, and go 

"Well, tell us what you want to tell us Aaron."

No, they ask questions, and they asked about Kumerow because of he was playing in Wisconsin in college and ya partially the white underdog thing. I really don't give a ****, I'm not EQ's dad or anything, but it was skewed to high hell because they wanted to know about him so much so that's all we heard from Aarons mouth, not rewriting history since there was a day i had off and I was following this and some other WR made a big play and only one beat guy said anything, but they'd NEVER miss a Kumerow play

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/20/packers-camp-notes-equanimeous-st-brown-produces-really-nice-camp/

Rodgers puts great emphasis on his receivers being where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be all the time. So while "very consistent" might seem a bland comment to some,coming from Rodgers it's actually high praise.  

Thanks for finally posting this. I was going too but its the deep offseason and i have no motivations.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Literally explained in the post above yours

True, but I said that a good while ago, and people won't accept why his name rarely came up, coming up with crappy make up excuses, blaming the media from everything, including suggestions of race was a factor. 

When guys were seen making plays they got asked about, or players or coaches brought them up.... St. Brown was just there, and not being brought up by no one for a good while... 

Other WRs were simply out shining him. He should change this season, as that shouldn't of ever happened in the first place for a guy with his potential, he gets a mulligan.

42 minutes ago, Beast said:

True, but I said that a good while ago, and people won't accept why his name rarely came up, coming up with crappy make up excuses, blaming the media from everything, including suggestions of race was a factor. 

When guys were seen making plays they got asked about, or players or coaches brought them up.... St. Brown was just there, and not being brought up by no one for a good while... 

Other WRs were simply out shining him. He should change this season, as that shouldn't of ever happened in the first place for a guy with his potential, he gets a mulligan.

I'm not really an EQ fan or anything. I just think reading into "talk" during TC is overrated as all hell and some people took the fact he wasn't the one being discussed as much, like it meant he had **** the bed, when I'm not sure that was the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

I'm not really an EQ fan or anything. I just think reading into "talk" during TC is overrated as all hell and some people took the fact he wasn't the one being discussed as much, like it meant he had **** the bed, when I'm not sure that was the case.

I can agree with that, but that was the second or third argument.

The first argument was that he did almost absolutely nothing in the preseason games. But some didn't want to accept that...

Simply put, there isn't much proof that St. Brown did much to earn a 53 man roster spot. Just a rather tame Rodgers quote, when he was raving about many others.

• Like 1