Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

A friendly reminder that EQ had a grand total of ZERO reps with Rodgers in the preseason last year. Maybe, just maybe, based on that fact using the preseason games isn't the best way to figure out how they may have been gelling? 🤷

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

A friendly reminder that EQ had a grand total of ZERO reps with Rodgers in the preseason last year. Maybe, just maybe, based on that fact using the preseason games isn't the best way to figure out how they may have been gelling? 🤷

Thanks for the friendly reminder, but while you're at it, isn't that the same for all the WR?  If so, that seems like it changes nothing.

And as for gelling with Rodgers, wouldn't we go back to Rodgers comments for that, which have already been hashed out. He kinda clearly hyped the other WRs more. 

• 4 weeks later...

MVS' first 2 seasons have been very similar to Adams'. An inconsistent but promising rookie season followed by an injury-affected disappointing 2nd season. Not saying that MVS will be another Adams. Adams has great ball skills. MVS does not. But it's easy to forget that through seven games last year MVS was on a pace for 950 yards and 5 TD's. Then the wheels fell off. We'll see if he can put the wheels back on. 

Edited by Brat&Beer

8 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

MVS' first 2 seasons have been very similar to Adams'. An inconsistent but promising rookie season followed by an injury-affected disappointing 2nd season. Not saying that MVS will be another Adams. Adams has great ball skills. MVS does not. But it's easy to forget that through seven games last year MVS was on a pace for 950 yards and 5 TD's. Then the wheels fell off. We'll see if he can put the wheels back on. 

He's just so raw compared to Adams. I actually think less is more with MVS. He can be a big play guy in this offense, but probably not an every down player. He's a package guy. At this point, he's still not even half the route runner Adams was out of college and lacks other nuance skills you need to excel at the WR position. That's why he was drafted in the 5th round despite his athletic traits, like many to come before him. If he puts it together I still think he could become a Ted Ginn type of player but that's the ceiling IMO.

56 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He's just so raw compared to Adams. I actually think less is more with MVS. He can be a big play guy in this offense, but probably not an every down player. He's a package guy. At this point, he's still not even half the route runner Adams was out of college and lacks other nuance skills you need to excel at the WR position. That's why he was drafted in the 5th round despite his athletic traits, like many to come before him. If he puts it together I still think he could become a Ted Ginn type of player but that's the ceiling IMO.

Same reason Aaron Jones was a 5th round pick?

MVS is having a 1,000 yard, 10 TD season this year if there is a year.

I read somewhere that the Pack should target Hakeem Butler in a trade, I like that idea,  future conditional 3rd Might work...

put Butler and Lazard back together in 3WR sets..

Curtis Samuel and John Ross were also mentioned...

Edited by fattlipp

15 hours ago, packfanfb said:

He also saw fewer targets in year two, when Adams saw more.

And we know the talent level of WR's on the roster when Adams was young is very different from what we have around MVS today.

Something did not click last year.

I hope that @Outpost31 is right concerning him.  But I thought that last year, too.  

Gute needs to quit coming up short on adding a legit wideout to this team.  Couldn't land Allen Robinson a few years ago .. failed to swing a Robby Anderson or Emmanuel Sanders deal last year  .. failed to get either Anderson or Sanders inked this offseason ... failed to draft a receiver in this past draft.  Settled for Funchess.  Funchess is now gone and it's probably time for Gute to get serious and figure out a way to add a legit WR option to this team.  Based on recent history though Gute is going to come up short.