Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

18 minutes ago, SSG said:

Because he was virtually invisible last offseason and was put on the IR for an injury you literally would NEVER put a contribution player on the IR for.  IMO, he was fortunate for the injury because he was on his way to get cut.  It was looking like he was going to get beat out by Shepherd for that last WR roster spot.

He was a 6th round flyer because his work ethic was questioned which would explain why he struggled to stand out last year while damn near every WR we had on the roster was.

I don't care about measurables 3 years into a career.  Measurables are why Jmon Moore was proclaimed to be an. "elite prospect" and posters on this forum couldn't have been anymore wrong about him.  So elite that it took him 3/4 of a season to even make a practice squad.  Funny that that was everyone's savior for this position group last year at this time.   

Literally no one was high on J'Mon last off-season, stop with the BS. We were all high on GMo, MVS and EQ and thought Moore was going to have to fight off Kumerow to make the roster.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Literally no one was high on J'Mon last off-season, stop with the BS. We were all high on GMo, MVS and EQ and thought Moore was going to have to fight off Kumerow to make the roster.

He's misremembering people wanting to keep Moore for his potential over Kumerow/other depth guys who were more ready to contribute.  

51 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If your argument for why we need another wide receiver is how the offense played without Adams, you need a different argument. 

We scored 30+ points 4 times last year. 3 of those 4 came in the 4 games that Adams didn't play. 

Not my argument at all but if that's why we don't need talent at WR then we need to make a long term investment into Jones.  

Dillion is what I would consider the opposite of Jones.  A north/south runner with no lateral movement abilities and a piss poor receiver.  He's basically Eddie Lacy with almost 3 times as many miles on his legs.

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That is absolutely a lie.  This board was obsessed with Jmon Moore this time last year.  The thought of him not making the roster was laughed at and trashed this time last year.  Heck, the term "elite prospect" was thrown around by multiple posters. 

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Not my argument at all but if that's why we don't need talent at WR then we need to make a long term investment into Jones.  

Dillion is what I would consider the opposite of Jones.  A north/south runner with no lateral movement abilities and a piss poor receiver.  He's basically Eddie Lacy with almost 3 times as many miles on his legs.

Though he certainly doesn't carry the health concerns that Lacy had with the foot coming out.

I will not go so far to say piss poor receiver.  He was in a piss poor pass offense, especially after Grossel took over for Brown at QB, so to be fair, his pass receiving ability is unknown at this point.

I agree on North/South runner, but that gives Lafleur options he didn't have.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

That is absolutely a lie.  This board was obsessed with Jmon Moore this time last year.  The thought of him not making the roster was laughed at and trashed this time last year.  Heck, the term "elite prospect" was thrown around by multiple posters. 

No, not a lie.  The statements were that he was unlikely to be cut based solely on where he was drafted, and that he was athletic, but most thought he was fighting for a job and not doing well.

21 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

He's misremembering people wanting to keep Moore for his potential over Kumerow/other depth guys who were more ready to contribute.  

I'm not misremembering anything.  You among others were extremely high on Moore.  

It's funny how a year later people aren't willing to stand behind their opinions own evaluations of players.  

4 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Though he certainly doesn't carry the health concerns that Lacy had with the foot coming out.

I will not go so far to say piss poor receiver.  He was in a piss poor pass offense, especially after Grossel took over for Brown at QB, so to be fair, his pass receiving ability is unknown at this point.

I agree on North/South runner, but that gives Lafleur options he didn't have.

Is Williams not a North South runner?  I'm not sure Dillion is any sort of upgrade considering that he's not nearly the pass catcher.

The only roster locks I see are Adams and Lazard. Without knowing injuries, my handicaps otherwise:

90% MVS- His confidence later in the season got shot, but he is still a legit deep threat that helped us win early. He easily has the most potential

70% Funchess- He's a solid vet. Not special. The only way I see him getting cut is if MVS/ESB ball out in camp and they decide to go with 5

80%-Kumerow- I know this seems high, but I think he gets a special teams/deep wr role.

40%- ESB- He might have got cut last year. He still has potential though

Under 10%- Sheppard/other guys... deep roster guys. 

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Is Williams not a North South runner?  I'm not sure Dillion is any sort of upgrade considering that he's not nearly the pass catcher.

AJDs gonna catch the ball just fine IMO.
AJ will get the elaborate positioning and routes.....but AJD will snag the short stuff just fine.

13 minutes ago, SSG said:

He's no Eddie Lacy.  Lacy had incredible feet.  Add that to his size and he was a freak.

You see a picture of Lacy coming out?  Remember the training camp picture that was just awful?  Google it.

Then take a peek at Dillon.

They are kind of physical opposites.

Rip on him about the no lateral ability stuff.  I get it and I agree with it.  

Rip on him about being a poor receiver.  I think you are wrong, as there is a difference between being bad at something and not having the opportunity to do something.  But I get it.

But please, stop with the Lacy stuff.  This kid has a much better body, with much heavier feet.  He's more Brandon Jacobs than Eddie Lacy.

• Like 1