Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Is Williams not a North South runner?  I'm not sure Dillion is any sort of upgrade considering that he's not nearly the pass catcher.

I don't see Williams as the big, inside the tackles, wear down a defense type of back.  Williams and Dillon are different kinds of runners.  

What makes you think Dillon can't catch?

Edit: the pictures above just made me LOL. ^^^ xD

Wasn't Dillion practically the entire Boston College offence? If that was the case then surely they would've incorporated some passing routes for him. The fact they never really expanded on that part of the game does suggest that his receiving skills were nothing to shout about.

Its possible he has no problems catching the ball but he was too slow to turn around and get up to speed so they never made it part of his game.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Wasn't Dillion practically the entire Boston College offence? If that was the case then surely they would've some passing routes for him. The fact they never really expanded on that part of the game does suggest that his receiving skills were nothing to shout about.

Its possible he has no problems catching but he was too slow to turn around and get up to speed so they never made it part of his game.

go to the play at 1:10. Shows some balance and speed there. He’s got the ability to catch passes and make a move. 

Just now, Chili said:

Wasn't Dillion practically the entire Boston College offence? If that was the case then surely they would've some passing routes for him. The fact they never really expanded on that part of the game does suggest that his receiving skills were nothing to shout about.

Its possible he has no problems catching but he was too slow to turn around and get up to speed so they never made it part of his game.

He caught a couple balls and turned up nicely in his highlight reel.

Anyone concerned about Derrick Henry's receiving ability?

We should be more concerned about our third round pick.  If he can't catch, he's pretty useless.  If Dillon can't catch, he's still a physical running back.  And...if he's in there to run, there's no one saying we can't put Jones out there as a WR.  With that third round pick.

We could get pretty creative with that bunch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Wasn't Dillion practically the entire Boston College offence? If that was the case then surely they would've incorporated some passing routes for him. The fact they never really expanded on that part of the game does suggest that his receiving skills were nothing to shout about.

Its possible he has no problems catching the ball but he was too slow to turn around and get up to speed so they never made it part of his game.

The QB play was awful.

The senior Anthony Brown was ok, but only played 6 games- the sophomore Grossel was awful.  They had a second huge back like Dillon and so that became their gameplan.  They said during one game that teams had to prepare differently for BC's offense because it was like a totally different sport.

Dillon did average 15 yds per reception, so its not like he was a dud when they did throw to him.  

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why are any of us responding to this lying troll???

Who's lying?  Gotta love the childish name calling because you can't stand the idea of someone questioning your self proclaimed expert opinion.  You couldn't have been anymore wrong about the WR core this time last  and suddenly everything that has ever been wrong with this offense is Aaron Rodger's fault, a player who you called one of the 7 worst QBs in the NFL last week.  If you don't like my opinion, put me on ignore but stop acting like a child by calling people names.  :D

1 hour ago, SSG said:

I'm not misremembering anything.  You among others were extremely high on Moore.  

It's funny how a year later people aren't willing to stand behind their opinions own evaluations of players.  

Interesting: let's look at my actual posts to see how this view holds up against reality:

Glad to see J'mon having himself a nice practice. Still think he has a crazy high ceiling physically and people cutting him for Kumerow are insane. Not many 6'3" players in the league that can change direction like he can. 

I'm about 85% sure Moore's are just mental.  He doesn't have great hands, and he almost certainly never will; at this point you are what you are there to a certain degree and he's a guy with average hands.  But his drops to me look less like an issue with his hands and more like a guy fighting the ball.  Moore knows the situation; he's well aware this is his job if he can't catch the ball.  He's in his own head and you could see it in the reaction to his TD; just frustration, no sense of fulfillment in the catch.  He's desperate to fix the issue, but that's just going to make it worse.  Hopefully he really did turn a corner this week, because I do think it's the kind of thing he can probably just 'solve'. 

Man I'm kinda surprised I have to actually defend Kumerow here.  He's more than just a drop-in replacement, he has legitimate value attacking zone and off-man coverage.  The same ability to shield the CB from the catch point and attack the ball in a contested situation plays downfield as well, and he can run a bit more than you'd think in a straight line.  In a hypothetical world where he received a fair number of snaps on this team I'd guess he'd put up pretty good numbers, and the offense would get value of the match-ups he was good in.  The thing is, the value Kumerow provides this year just isn't likely to be significantly greater than you get could get out of EQ in a similar role, and from a future potential standpoint even with the drops Moore just has such a higher ceiling it's still hard to make that cut. Kumerow makes your team a little better today while sacrificing the potential to be much better tomorrow.  I can't blame people who make that cut but personally I'd still keep Moore.  We're talking that WR4/5 spot with EQ, you can roll the dice with talent over proven production that far down.

1) At this point I want to see Moore getting about twenty targets in the next game. He's too talented to bail on yet, but he's also almost out of time. I think you gotta just throw it at him until he calms down. His drops aren't his hands, they're nerves and the game moving too fast; you can't always fix that but at this point I think volume is probably your best bet. He just needs to stop thinking about catching the ball. 

And it's not like you're giving up anything to do this; the rest of the depth crew isn't making the team anyway so you may as well see if you can salvage your high end physical talent. 

2) Kumerow and Davis. You can get Sheppard on the PS no problem. 

3) Specials. 100% Specials. There's only 46 active game day spots; if you're running with 5+ active receivers those last few guys are going to see a handful of offensive snaps at most. Who are you taking off the field for Sheppard? 

And that's every post I could find I made that mentioned Moore.  Mind pointing out where I was extremely high on him?

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Aw hell....eff it.  Here are some pics.  Tell me he's Eddie Lacy.

fat-eddie-lacy.png

fNb_NIX5_400x400.jpg

ZLUDMUWMJUI6TH24V4Q7SIL224.jpg

I  could careless about pictures.  I  didn't say that Dillon was going to eat himself out of the league.  I said he's a north south runner that offers nothing when it comes to lateral abilities.

When it comes to catching the ball, I guess that's an assumption on my part.  He was the BC offense that got damn near 300 touches a year over his BC career.  Despite not leaving the field he's got 21 career catches.