Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Could have been partially injury related.  Who knows.

But Lazard clearly had the trust of Rodgers when Rodgers asked that he get a chance, maybe it was the Philly game.

As far as getting more snaps?  Maybe another factor was run blocking.  And I only say that because Kumerow and Lazard were amazing run blockers.  Many times Kumerow stuck his nose in there as a lead blocker.  Guess I don't know if MVS is much of a run blocker or not.  But Kumerow and Lazard were very good at it.  

If you're playing Lazard/EQ quality athletes in there over MVS because they're bigger and block better, OK, I can accept it. If you're playing Jake Kumerow's for that reason, you aren't going to last long as a HC in today's NFL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

yup and MVS improved on that front as the season rolled along.
He had a key block on the Jones run for a TD vs the vikes in minny

Could be, not disputing that at all.

But Kumerow scored a 91.2 on PFF.

Allison was 77.8.

Lazard was 72.9.

MVS was 61.4.

Adams was 53.5 for scale.

The only guy better (than Kumerow) was someone on Detroit who had a whopping 67 offensive snaps.  For scale, Kumerow had 367 snaps.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you're playing Lazard/EQ quality athletes in there over MVS because they're bigger and block better, OK, I can accept it. If you're playing Jake Kumerow's for that reason, you aren't going to last long as a HC in today's NFL.

When Kumerow became more of a lead blocker, that was certainly by design.  No issue with that on those kinds of plays.

Outside of those few plays?  Totally agree.  

Me?  I'm just going to tip my hat to Kumerow for finding a way to get on the field and kind of carve out a little niche for himself.

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

When Kumerow became more of a lead blocker, that was certainly by design.  No issue with that on those kinds of plays.

Outside of those few plays?  Totally agree.  

Me?  I'm just going to tip my hat to Kumerow for finding a way to get on the field and kind of carve out a little niche for himself.

Can't tip your hand though and have a WR you use primarily for running.

54 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Could be, not disputing that at all.

But Kumerow scored a 91.2 on PFF.

Allison was 77.8.

Lazard was 72.9.

MVS was 61.4.

Adams was 53.5 for scale.

The only guy better (than Kumerow) was someone on Detroit who had a whopping 67 offensive snaps.  For scale, Kumerow had 367 snaps.

Assuming these are blocking grades? If so, any chance you can pull Funchess' from previous seasons?

27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Can't tip your hand though and have a WR you use primarily for running.

Which could be why MLF talked about getting Kumerow more opportunities in the passing game.

Which.  Does.  Not.  Excite.  Me.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Assuming these are blocking grades? If so, any chance you can pull Funchess' from previous seasons?

Yes.  They are.  And I can.  60.6.  Just below MVS in terms of run blocking grade.  Though, it is only on 36 snaps.

Doesn't seem like I can go back to past years, either.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yes.  They are.  And I can.  60.6.  Just below MVS in terms of run blocking grade.  Though, it is only on 36 snaps.

Doesn't seem like I can go back to past years, either.

thanks - and bummer - I knew his 2019 stats wouldn't be worthwhile, was hoping past years were available.

6 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I thought these players aren't going to be eligible. Does their status in the NCAA not have to change in order for them to be eligible for the Supplemental Draft? I suppose they could just drop all of their courses? I'm not sure how it works, but I know players can't just change their mind after the draft and enter the supplemental one

If he were somehow eligible no doubt he will have a ton of round 2 claims on him, and doubt we would get him

for you guys, he'd be worth a 1st