Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

47 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

There was a lot of flack given for not taking a WR in the draft but here's a fun question....

If EQ, MVS, and Lazard, as they are right now, were available in this year's draft where would you feel comfortable drafting them?

12th

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

If EQ, MVS, and Lazard, as they are right now, were available in this year's draft where would you feel comfortable drafting them?

That's a great question.
You should post that on a message board someplace - I bet you'd get some interesting answers 

I'd guess those 3 WRs would be selected in 3rd - 4th round in 2020 draft and likley in the order you listed them

Which WR do you think with the surprise release? Or top one that they don't keep?

Every year fans are upset they released one of the WRs (usually I'm not, bit last year, releasing Lazard pissed me off, I didn't understand it).

6 hours ago, Beast said:

Which WR do you think with the surprise release? Or top one that they don't keep?

Every year fans are upset they released one of the WRs (usually I'm not, bit last year, releasing Lazard pissed me off, I didn't understand it).

Please Dear God, Kumerow

• Like 1

Right now, without having seen anyone, I would put the WR chart like this:

Lock:  Davante Adams

Inside track:  Allen Lazard, Devin Funchess

Surprise Cut:  Equanimeous St. Brown, Marquez Valdes-Scantling

6th Man:  Jake Kumerow

Fighting for spots 4,5,6:  Everyone else.  

Also have to be aware that the WRs are also competing with Tonyan, Ervin, extra safeties etc.  If we never use 5 WRs, and we almost never use 4, we probably shouldn't keep 6 WRs unless they are good at STs.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Right now, without having seen anyone, I would put the WR chart like this:

Lock:  Davante Adams

Inside track:  Allen Lazard, Devin Funchess

Surprise Cut:  Equanimeous St. Brown, Marquez Valdes-Scantling

6th Man:  Jake Kumerow

Fighting for spots 4,5,6:  Everyone else.  

Also have to be aware that the WRs are also competing with Tonyan, Ervin, extra safeties etc.  If we never use 5 WRs, and we almost never use 4, we probably shouldn't keep 6 WRs unless they are good at STs.  

That's like mine, other than I have MVS and Kumerow one further up that. You have them respectfully.

And I love how you headed that they're competiting against Ervin, as he was being used more as a gadget WR and has always caught more passes than he has had runs. So I have had him as my 6th WR in some mock 53 rosters.

Personally, St. Brown looked like he had very good potential as a rookie, but in last year preseason games, I felt the other WRs clearly out played him and wasn't sure he deserved a 53 spot last year (though guys with potential, sometimes get a redshirt year to grow). I wasn't sure if he was struggling with adjusting to the system, and I openly quested what the hell was going on when they released Lazard.

But I want the best players, if that's St. Brown or Kumerow, whomever plays better is the guy I want. Potential wise, it SHOULD BE St. Brown... but Kumerow (Lazard and Sherperd) out played him in preseason last year (IMO).

32 minutes ago, Beast said:

That's like mine, other than I have MVS and Kumerow one further up that. You have them respectfully. And I love how you headed that they're competiting against Ervin, as he was being used more as a gadget WR and has always caught more passes than he has had runs. So I have had him as my 6th WR in some mock 53 rosters. Personally, St. Brown looked like he had very good potential as a rookie, but in last year preseason games, I felt the other WRs clearly out played him and wasn't sure he deserved a 53 spot last year (though guys with potential, sometimes get a redshirt year to grow). I wasn't sure if he was struggling with adjusting to the system, and I openly quested what the hell was going on when they released Lazard. But I want the best players, if that's St. Brown or Kumerow, whomever plays better is the guy I want. Potential wise, it SHOULD BE St. Brown... but Kumerow (Lazard and Sherperd) out played him in preseason last year (IMO).

I'll be.....sad if for some reason we cut EQ (MVS as well in fact....) in favor of Kumerow. I dont see that talent trade-off at all.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:00 AM, wgbeethree said:

There was a lot of flack given for not taking a WR in the draft but here's a fun question....

This past year's class?

Lazard would probably be a 5'th.....  Doesn't pop with speed or agility.  Wins with size and (I think) brains.

EQ...eh.....6'th?  I mean, he was put on IR last year and maybe could have come back.  Tells me he needed to get his head on right.  Certainly has the physical measureables.  Produced nicely as a rookie, but there is/was something missing.  He's a wildcard this year.

MVS?  Maybe 3rd?  Probably 4'th.  Has the measureables, has some production ,but doesn't look like a polished/confident WR.  You take a flier earlier on him because of the size/speed combo and hope the rest comes.

• Like 1