Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

5 hours ago, Deps said:

I might be wrong, but I almost wonder if it wasn't ESB vs. Kumerow and Taylor vs. Shepherd and Begelton. For all the talk about the preferences for the tall receivers, three of the guys don't fit that mold. While 6-1 isn't short, Taylor's game sounds like it might be based more on agility and body control than size/speed. Given the number of guys like that in camp, perhaps the Packers wanted another receiver in that mold on the roster this year.

I think you were probably looking at

ESB vs. Kumerow for the 6'3 traditional X receiver.

Taylor vs. Begelton for the 6'1ish heavier traditional Z receiver.

Ervin vs. Shepherd for the ST/Return ace.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Would like to see us add another big Iowa State FA wide out in Butler to the PS or 53. 

Think he fits LaFleur's offense much better than what Kingsbury is trying to do out there. Was very high on his college tape.

I thought the same and I kind of went down a rabbit hole watching him a few nights ago. For as big as he is Butler is really ****ty vs press & tight coverage. Thinking that is why he fizzled out in Arizona and while I think he has potential, I also think the Packers have enough of those big bodies with as much if not more potential.

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

For what it's worth (nothing at all) the Packers seem to have Taylor behind Lazard at what seems to be the slot, and EQ is backing up both Adams and MVS outside at the Z/X.  No one's WR breakdown is ever that concrete obviously, and the depth chart is essentially meaningless, but whatever we have like five days to kill before real football so let's discuss it!

Personally speaking, I hope they just put Adams at the X every snap that they have one and let the rest of the receiving group flow from there.  Adams is one of the few receivers in the game that will reliably dust his man in 1v1 from the X, no reason to get cute and move him around when they can't cover him anyway.  I guess though if you plan on running to the hashes a lot you probably want your perimeter receiver to be able to take his man out of the stadium on a block occasionally too.  Clearly I haven't thought this through all that much but again, five days.

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Was this really even a battle? If it weren't for Shepherd's speed, he wouldn't even be in camp TBH. I can't help but see him cut after next year's TC.

On 9/9/2020 at 6:23 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

This goes along with LaFleur saying he likes his WR room like a basketball team. 

On 9/9/2020 at 10:13 AM, Packerraymond said:

Would like to see us add another big Iowa State FA wide out in Butler to the PS or 53. 

Think he fits LaFleur's offense much better than what Kingsbury is trying to do out there. Was very high on his college tape.

every draft evaluator seemed to love butler but every team seemed way lower on him when the draft rolled around.

4 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

every draft evaluator seemed to love butler but every team seemed way lower on him when the draft rolled around.

I think it was one of those size/speed things, plus he has several close relatives that are successful professional athletes so one could argue it became a lineage thing in a way.

24 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think it was one of those size/speed things, plus he has several close relatives that are successful professional athletes so one could argue it became a lineage thing in a way.

I decided to watch some highlight tapes to see what's the fuss is all about. I can see why fans like him, tall, fast and strong but guess what... his catching technique is terrible. It's bad.

Despite being a 4th round pick Arizona gave up on him very quickly. No-one seems to be interested in claiming him on waivers. Despite his physical gifts, his draft status and with just 1 year in the NFL having never played in an NFL game he is already out of football at the age of 24. A week after being cut he still haven't landed on a practice squad somewhere, even with the expanded practice squads

It's noteworthy that the Cardinals gave up on their 4th round pick and cut him before they even gave him a chance to play in an NFL game. I wonder if he has a serious personality issues?

Edited by Chili

1 hour ago, Chili said:

I decided to watch some highlight tapes to see what's the fuss is all about. I can see why fans like him, tall, fast and strong but guess what... his catching technique is terrible. It's bad.

Despite being a 4th round pick Arizona gave up on him very quickly. No-one seems to be interested in claiming him on waivers. Despite his physical gifts, his draft status and with just 1 year in the NFL having never played in an NFL game he is already out of football at the age of 24. A week after being cut he still haven't landed on a practice squad somewhere, even with the expanded practice squads

It's noteworthy that the Cardinals gave up on their 4th round pick and cut him before they even gave him a chance to play in an NFL game. I wonder if he has a serious personality issues?

I think he J'Mon Moore'd himself out of the league...

• Like 1