Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I like ESB, but the guy hasn't played since 2018.

I’m saying I would still take two receivers with mid picks over one with a first round pick.

Even 3 receivers like we did.  Moore, MVS, ESB.  Until you can trade into the first round with a 4th, 5th and 6th round pick, taking three receivers in those rounds is still the better option to taking one in the first round.

Considering the bust rate of first round receivers and their complete and total uselessness if they bust, I would rather draft four receivers 4th-7th than one receiver in the first and considering the state of the position in today’s offense friendly league, you’ve got the same chance for a hit at about a 4th the draft value.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m saying I would still take two receivers with mid picks over one with a first round pick.

Even 3 receivers like we did.  Moore, MVS, ESB.  Until you can trade into the first round with a 4th, 5th and 6th round pick, taking three receivers in those rounds is still the better option to taking one in the first round.

Considering the bust rate of first round receivers and their complete and total uselessness if they bust, I would rather draft four receivers 4th-7th than one receiver in the first and considering the state of the position in today’s offense friendly league, you’ve got the same chance for a hit at about a 4th the draft value.

MVS is 500 yards ahead of the next most productive Day 3 WR from his draft year and would rank second in the two previous drafts despite playing fewer seasons. Day 2 seems to be the sweet spot for WR. By Day 3, you might end up with one solid or better starter and one functional No. 3 left and that is it.

I do feel like ESB fits the mold for the type of WR that can thrive in this offense.  Would be nice if he could stay healthy long enough to find out.  If this is more than a 3 week IR, I will be writing him off as a guy with potential, but things just didn't work out.  Happens all the time.  If the offense keeps functioning at it's current level with the players that have been out there, I am not sure how many snaps there will be for ESB anyway.  Don't mess with what's working.

17 minutes ago, Deps said:

MVS is 500 yards ahead of the next most productive Day 3 WR from his draft year and would rank second in the two previous drafts despite playing fewer seasons. Day 2 seems to be the sweet spot for WR. By Day 3, you might end up with one solid or better starter and one functional No. 3 left and that is it.

Second or third round picks are fine at WR if you know you’re going to have an absolute need there in a year or two.  For us though, we had and have Adams.  A second WR is a luxury we can’t afford while paying a huge QB contract or else we would neglect other, more important needs.

That said, we maybe should have picked one instead of Dillon, but Dillon could be special.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Second or third round picks are fine at WR if you know you’re going to have an absolute need there in a year or two.  For us though, we had and have Adams.  A second WR is a luxury we can’t afford while paying a huge QB contract or else we would neglect other, more important needs.

That said, we maybe should have picked one instead of Dillon, but Dillon could be special.

He does cartwheels.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

On my list of things we need to upgrade, WR comes after DL, OT depth, TE and ILB. Lazard, MVS and EQ will be a fine 1-4 this year. 

I'm okay with this group unless you get a shot a more unique player like Samuel. Even with Ervin on the team, Samuel would instantly make this offense even more dangerous because he's not your traditional WR. 

Also, hoping Robert Foster gets a look, especially if EQ falls behind. 2018 Foster was some good stuff. Guy has the kind of speed we were looking for from Robby Anderson. 

Edited by packfanfb

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm okay with this group unless you get a shot a more unique player like Samuel. Even with Ervin on the team, Samuel would instantly make this offense even more dangerous because he's not your traditional WR. 

Also, hoping Robert Foster gets a look, especially if EQ falls behind. 2018 Foster was some good stuff. Guy has the kind of speed we were looking for from Robby Anderson. 

Weirdly this team needs Ty Montgomery... back at WR in the ervin role.

I'm not exactly sure what we're discussing here, but I'll gladly take MVS over a bunch of recent 1st and 2nd rounders, including guys who were discussed in here at one point:

John Ross
Dante Pettis
Josh Doctson
Phillip Dorsett
Breshad Perriman
Kevin White
Corey Coleman
Laquon Treadwell
Devin Smith
Dorial Green-Beckham

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tgde6h1egf47ljnxz1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

I do feel like ESB fits the mold for the type of WR that can thrive in this offense.  Would be nice if he could stay healthy long enough to find out.  If this is more than a 3 week IR, I will be writing him off as a guy with potential, but things just didn't work out.  Happens all the time.  If the offense keeps functioning at it's current level with the players that have been out there, I am not sure how many snaps there will be for ESB anyway.  Don't mess with what's working.

Tru dat....but nobodies suggesting he walk off IR and replace the current starters. When/if injury strikes, I like the idea of having EQ in the mix.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yeah I think they would like a large slot WR/small TE tweener. Which I think we still need more of those guys as right now we just got the rookie TE, and the rest haven't really stepped up for that role like we have hoped.