Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

Lazard appears to be an outside WR only who happens to be a great blocker for a WR. They don't seem to want him on the inside.

We play like 1/3 of our snaps from bunch sets and run 7 yard splits to the isolated receiver side on like 1/2 our snaps. 

Lazard is getting plenty of "slot" snaps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What is Lazard?

To be fair, he's that plus he can hit the homerun ball on the inside post.  But yeah Lazard has that role pretty much on lock this season.  Rodgers trusts the hell out of him and that's even bigger in the slot than it is elsewhere.

Probably looking at reloading the receiver room in the next two drafts, but I doubt they go higher than a 2nd and probably looking more at another 2018 style draft (4/5/6).  Lazard is almost certainly going to get a second contract at this rate, both because he's a good fit and because he'll come cheap.   MVS is probably going to be gone just given what he's likely to cost if he hits enough to be worth re-signing; ESB who knows.  After that group, it's just a whole gaggle of unknowns.  Gotta think they would like to have a little more reliable talent in the room once the ESB/MVS/Lazard crew resolves down.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

On my list of things we need to upgrade, WR comes after DL, OT depth, TE and ILB. Lazard, MVS and EQ will be a fine 1-4 this year. 

add CB and OLB to that list for me, too. We could use another CB more than another WR. Only positions we probably need less are RB and maybe safety. We don't need WR help at all after watching this team thru 2 weeks IMO. 

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Second or third round picks are fine at WR if you know you’re going to have an absolute need there in a year or two.  For us though, we had and have Adams.  A second WR is a luxury we can’t afford while paying a huge QB contract or else we would neglect other, more important needs.

That said, we maybe should have picked one instead of Dillon, but Dillon could be special.

Totally depends on what the Packers do with Jones.  If he's gone next year, Dillion is a must have.  If Jones is resigned at a modest amount then a wr would probably have been better.

16 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Probably looking at reloading the receiver room in the next two drafts, but I doubt they go higher than a 2nd and probably looking more at another 2018 style draft (4/5/6).  Lazard is almost certainly going to get a second contract at this rate, both because he's a good fit and because he'll come cheap.   MVS is probably going to be gone just given what he's likely to cost if he hits enough to be worth re-signing; ESB who knows.  After that group, it's just a whole gaggle of unknowns.  Gotta think they would like to have a little more reliable talent in the room once the ESB/MVS/Lazard crew resolves down.

Agreed completely. I'll also add that I don't think MVS really fits here. He's playing because he's a markedly better talent than the rest, not because we love him.

I want silky smooth wideouts with good hands .. guys that are smart players that can run precise routes at a nice rate of speed.  We currently have one of those in Adams, and maybe a second in ESB, if he can ever get on the field.  Lazard and MVS are not types that I would ever draft.  Greg Jennings in his early years is probably my ideal wideout.  He was a quick study early on, and an excellent route runner with great hands.  He wasn't a speed merchant, but his mind was so good and his skills so precise that he had little trouble getting open.  Also, he was tough as nails, and willing to go to part of the field where you were bound to take a shot. 

31 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I want silky smooth wideouts with good hands .. guys that are smart players that can run precise routes at a nice rate of speed.  We currently have one of those in Adams, and maybe a second in ESB, if he can ever get on the field.  Lazard and MVS are not types that I would ever draft.  Greg Jennings in his early years is probably my ideal wideout.  He was a quick study early on, and an excellent route runner with great hands.  He wasn't a speed merchant, but his mind was so good and his skills so precise that he had little trouble getting open.  Also, he was tough as nails, and willing to go to part of the field where you were bound to take a shot. 

You're probably going to hate MLFs tenure.

17 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

I agree with the above too, but note too we technically have Funchess back too on a cheap deal; his contract tolls, so although he was coming off an injured season and now is out another whole season he is a complete mystery. Not that he was an elite level talent, but a big bodied receiver that played ok in that number 2/boarderline 1 role in Carolina. I'm not going to bank on him, but still another piece that plays into the puzzle, but I agree a reload even if it is later picks just to get fresh bodies in.